Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sk8ermog Project #3: Angel-Mag Build (DONE)

Cool Sk8ermog Project #3: Angel-Mag Build (DONE)

I can't be the first to do this. Honestly this was the easiest build I've ever done. I happen to win an auction on Ebay for a cheap 90* 05/06 Angel frame w/ trigger. A quick drill for a new front hole and a trimming of sear and here we are:

Only shot it a few times with the little air I had left in my scuba tank. I just got it refilled so I'm going to try some paint through it to see if I need to adjust anything, but so far it was almost drop-in ready. The only problem is that after I took the photos I decided to tighten the grip scews a little more and cracked the top right of the left grip. Doesn't look too bad, but it was a stupid mistake. Thanks again to Runamok for the killer deal on the grips. Now I just have to find a 45* Angel trigger frame to do the same mod. I think I like the look of the 05 Angel Gat trigger frame better then the 90*.

UPDATE: 7/3/14

So I messed around with the sear, on/off and vert trigger frame and I think it's where I want it to be. I might go back to my ULT cause I never really liked super RT-ing mags, but the bounce from this trigger frame really is awesome and controllable compared to an I-Frame. I had to drill out the trigger some more to make the sear rod hit in the right spot. I'm going to pick up an extra Angel trigger as a back up.

The next "upgrade" I did to the mag was put an Angel 05' reg forgrip on the Shadow rail. I've always loved the simple look of the Angle reg so I picked one up for cheap on Ebay and gutted it. Matched up pretty well except it's dust black instead of gloss black. To top it all off I put a newer Angel clamping feedneck on the ULE and now it's fully a 50/50 Angel Mag. 3x AGD parts and 3X WDP (Angel) Products.

THE STORY CONTINUES... UPDATE: 8/1/14

So I ended up selling the vert Angel frame because I just could not enjoy it like I wanted to when I really wanted a 45* style Angel grip frame from a Fly or Gat. Well after trolling ebay for one I actually found 2! I snagged both of them along with another Angel forgrip/reg to match. Here is the result:

Aside from the little bit of red in the grips and some rubber missing from part of the back of the grip, it really is an awesome setup. The frame blends much better with the rail and forgrip then the vert one did. I am really happy with the look so now its time to tune the trigger just the way I like it. Oh and I was stupid and stripped the macro fitting in the forgrip/reg so it's staying in there for now. Maybe someday I'll find a way to get it out or turn the reg into a LPR for a pneumatic option. hmmmmm...

Like I said I bought 2 of these trigger frames and I drilled both of them to work with mags. I am thinking about selling the other one cause it's dust black and doesn't match anything I have. If you are interested then PM me.

If you like this project then check out my other ones.

Sk8ermog Projects:

Project #1: HH Mag
    Project #2: Gas Through Grip Frame (DONE)
    Project #3: Angel Mag (DONE)
    Project #4: Square Mag (DONE)
    Project #5: Hawaiian Mag (DONE)
    Project #6: MicroEmag
    Project #7: Mag Rifle (DONE)
    Project #8: NanoMag
    Project #9: Double Barrel Mag
    Project #10: Coming Soon...
    Last edited by Sk8ermog; 03-20-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Man I like the way that looks. You might have just started something!!

Aaaaand the next flavor is.... *drumroll* simply modified Angel frames!

lol, looks slick, though. How do you like the trigger over the traditional mech frames we're all used to?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtPB View Post
    Aaaaand the next flavor is.... *drumroll* simply modified Angel frames!

lol, looks slick, though. How do you like the trigger over the traditional mech frames we're all used to?
    Thanks. I haven't shot it enough to get a real comparison, but it's basically the same as all mech frames but the sear rod is just shorter. Has a bit of a snap to it, but that might be from my xvalve on/off. I have a pretty heavy ULT kit install in it right now so I need to shim it up and see if it's any better. It's just a matter now of getting used to the 90 frame. Was never a fan before, but with my big hands this might be the way to go. the trigger is really long so lots of room to get 2 fingers on there. More testing to come.

That little snatch on the frame lines up pretty well with the lines of the rail, too. Cool project, looks good.

looks like plenty of room for lpr in there to do a sleeper pneumag

nah you aint tha first to mod tha Angel frames..Renie modded a sleeper pneumag Angel frame and Dark Apollo modded a mech Angel frame awhile back.

Still looks awesome to me !

Curious if you have shot it yet and how it worked.

Made some changes and updates. Works great. Just need to tune it to my liking and game style.

That looks great brother

Reminds me of my very dear G7

If Luke does his cheaters I may resurrect angel ergonomics as a pneumag.

I remember how well that marker felt, and am a wee bit jealous

Yeah I love the feel and look of it too. I might be looking to sell it though cause I have an even better project in the works and really need the money and some parts from this mag. If you or anyone else is interested then PM me.

Very nice, I love how clean it is.

My suggestion for barrel: Chop an old Jacko and thread it to be a Freak front...
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Very nice, I love how clean it is.

My suggestion for barrel: Chop an old Jacko and thread it to be a Freak front...
    WHOA...WHOA... WHOA....

WHOA.....

There shall be no "chopping of Jackos"

No kidding, I'd love to get an old Jacko Infinity barrel that is cocker threaded. Old as in Angel LED/LED old.

OK fine chop up the BE clone that was on the rainmaker. :P

what type of air line is that?

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    what type of air line is that?
    Thanks for bringing it back on topic RT Lover . What are you referring to? If you are asking about the forgrip then it's Angel 05 reg that I gutted so it's super lite and comfortable. If you are asking about the black macro fittings then those are CCM fittings. Did that help?

Cool

BIG UPDATES: Check out the bottom of the first post to see the whole new look.

Looks nice. Liked the look of the vert setup better but it's still interesting to see what frames and such can be modded to work.

That is very nice. Quite literally the only thing I'd change about that would be the rail

With the exit of fixmyangel et al, my G7 is, we'll not quite unmaintainable, but let's just say stressful to operate.

Instead of a wall hanger, I should probably shoot I until it fails then do what you did.

I probably won't though.

WOW That is very impressive! I am glad you documented it and I am glad I picked up a second frame a while back. My frame has been nothing but a headache and I know why. At first I tried to get the front hole modified but because of the recess in the frame it never clamped down enough with out the screw twisting back and sliding in the recess. Then I tried to modify the rear frame hole to line up and that is causing all sorts of firing consistency issues. Do you still have the bushing in the rear of the rail? I tried to run mine with out it but the field strip was way too wobbly so I had to put it back in and drill out the rear hole to accommodate it. I am going to modify my other G7 frame (the 45* version of the 90* you had with the little tail at the end) with the front screw hole moved forward.

BRAVO! That thing looks amazing! Now I have to find one of those angel regs. That thing is a work of art!
    March 2014 Classic MotM winner - RT Classic

Hey thanks. Yeah I drilled down a little slot in the back hole for the rail bushing to sit in to give it more strength. The front screw might need a washer to make it sit ontop of the frame better. I had to do that at first but found a screw with a bigger head. This latest version of the 45 frame is all set and I drilled it a lot better then my first frame since I knew what I was doing.

I now have the sear all set up and working the way I wanted it to. I didn't even have to cut the sear rod cause I had a strong screw that fit into the sear rod hole perfectly. It has a snappy trigger that is just crying for me to find a tank to put my Ninja SHP reg on. Soon my little Angel Mag.... soon.

Well my first frame I left the front hole and slotted the rear. That has caused me nothing but problems since the field screw can now slide around and doesnt hold straight. I may see what I can do about filling it back in with some aluminum weld and redrilling it.

Looks sick and clean, man. I've been day-dreaming lately, have you ever considered doing an e-pneu mag using an old Angel LCD single trigger frame?

Wow. What a clean looking mag. The angel lowers really flow well with the rest of the parts.

Cool

Just scored a large cache (4 sets) of Angel frames and regs. Some mixed and match but still all usable. Should be in the mail tomorrow. If you are interested in a set milled for Mags then PM me. I'll have a few up on the sales thread soon.

One of the photos from the seller to me:

So.. what are you doing with the rest of that G7?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkApollo View Post
    So.. what are you doing with the rest of that G7?
    I just bought the frames. Here is a new pic from the seller.