Thread: Super Glue - Trigger Frame To Body

Super Glue - Trigger Frame To Body

I was wondering why the front allen bolt was so difficult to remove from the front of the trigger frame, well after a bit of "entertainment" I found that super glue has been used on the trigger frame to body.

All of it it seems, maybe even the thread of the allen bolt.

So idea's on how to remove this.

I have tried acetone (which normally works to remove super glue) but no joy so far.

Cheers

try mixing 1 part acetone with 1 part WD-40. If you need it to stay put for long periods of time or on vertical surfaces, mix in some petroleum jelly. Apply a good thick coat of this mixture.

The problem I have is getting it to the superglue. I would say around 1mm gap.

So applying anything other than a liquid/spray isn't possible.

But thanks for adding something to try!

Smudger

Epoxy an allen key to the suck bolt and reef on it after it's fully cured.

SZ
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    This is AO, find/make/mod an alternative .

could always boil the gun so long as you have a parts kit to replace the O rings.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowmitten View Post
    could always boil the gun so long as you have a parts kit to replace the O rings.
    take the valve out and theres no orings to deal with.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Boiling didn't work.

Once the freezer is a bit more empty it is going in, see if that will help.

Apart from the allen head is now rounded off.

If it is actually super glue, it should break down at about 85 degrees Celsius which is lower than the 100 degree Celsius temperature of boiling water.

It will become soft if soaked in acetone for 24 hours. The acetone will penetrate quite well because it is a very thin liquid, roughly 1/3 of what water is.

Boiling only gets the temperature up to 100 degrees Celsius. Most glues and bonding agents don't break down until at least 150 degrees Celcius. If you put it in the oven and gradually bring the temperature up to 200 degrees Celsius, then it would probably break the glue bond. A gradual increase in heat will help prevent warping of the metal due to uneven expansion as the heat penatrates the metal.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.