Thread: New posts

Why all the sudden when I hit the new posts button I'm getting a billion results? Getting the " The posts below have not been updated but contain unread posts" message. Don't think I changed anything. Something change with the page?

Something went on for me as well. Almost everything was tagged unread. I used the button to mark all forums as read and that looks to have fixed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    Something went on for me as well. Almost everything was tagged unread. I used the button to mark all forums as read and that looks to have fixed it for me.
    Did the same. Thanks!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    it looks like the forum software was updated? it functions the same as the mcarterbrown website now, which is a good thing. lets you go back and check, that way you won't miss anything.

Dayspring changed yesterday some setting that affect what is considered unread.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Dayspring changed yesterday some setting that affect what is considered unread.
    Some people were having odd issues with how posts were viewed/read/unread. So instead of using cookies & elapsed time, it uses the Database to mark it. I may be able to tweak the setting a tad to make it a bit better. If we still have some issues, we'll go back to the cookie version.

yea, this is weirding me out. i have stuff from a week ago showing up as bolded, as i browse around.

I tweaked the setting, so now it's going to be better at tracking when something is read/unread. The first day after the change will be a bit disconcerting, but after that (and a quick "I've read everything" click) it'll be all better.

Promise.

It did go weird for me now seems to be working fine iwent to Mark forums read and all is good