Thread: Burst mode?

Burst mode?

Greetings fellow Automag shooters, I’m new to the forum but not paintball. I’ve looked in on this page in the past but never joined because I thought I knew all that I needed to know about this MAGnificent weapon. Granted the mechanical operation of the Automag is flawless, but the “burst” modes are a mystery to me. First how do I activate them? Second; are the shots per second limited in burst mode?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cyco-Dude Guest
    here is the emag manual. the burst modes are activated by a jumper you plug onto the board, and the bps is capped by what you set it at.

I would like to see an close up picture of the jumper please

Cyco-Dude Guest

I am assuming you have AGD firware version 1.37. You must install the mode jumper to activate burst mode. Once the mode jumper is installed, all features are enabled, including burst mode. If you select burst mode, the rate of fire is limited to 9bps.

If you install the later versions of firmware or the aftermarket Xmod, then many other modes are available. Xmod allows ramping as well.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Name:  IMG_8206.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  53.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    Name:  IMG_8206.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  53.0 KB
    I'm guessing it's the little brown loop in the center of the frame?

Sorry for the low resolution but the red pixels are murder on the lens of my phone! Anyway it says AGD 3.2Name:  IMG_8205.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  54.1 KB

Burst-mode?

Hey guys, thanks for the quick response! I posted some pix of the internals and I hope you can see them..

Cyco-Dude Guest
    yes, that is the jumper.

Thank you Woodsman

I don't think there are burst modes on version 3.2. It is only available on 1.37.

Version 3.2 does have shot buffering which makes it faster in semi mode than version 1.37.

So there is no use for jumper if you have 3.2 mode?

I don't think the jumper does anything in version 3.2. It does have the jumper used as a tournament lock on version 4.2.

Ok, so my Xmag 3.2 doesn't have burst mode enabled. But it does have a code that reads "SHBF 6" which can be increased by increments of 2 all the way up to 100 then it resets back to 4. I'm guessing a higher setting equals a faster semi-auto cycle rate?

No. SHBF = Shot Buffer. The setting refers to the amount of time in milliseconds after a shot is fired until the board will start looking for the next trigger pull. The higher the number, the longer the wait. If you are getting full auto problems due to the solenoid interfering with the HES, then you may need to increase this setting.

There is a separate SPS setting for rate of fire.

@ athomas, hey thanks for the info that makes more sense now. Yes there is a separate SPS setting that is capped at 20. oh and one more that reads ACE 0 would you or one of your buds happen to know of an online manual or tech sheet for this particular version 3.2 Xmag?

again any help is greatly appreciated...

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    @ athomas, hey thanks for the info that makes more sense now. Yes there is a separate SPS setting that is capped at 20. oh and one more that reads ACE 0 would you or one of your buds happen to know of an online manual or tech sheet for this particular version 3.2 Xmag?

again any help is greatly appreciated...
    x-mag manual. ace = anti-chop eye. you can have it turned off, or tuned for different paint.

@ athomas, thank you for the manual link.