6 26.09%
  • Captain Archer

1 4.35%
  • Other (post an idea)

12 52.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customizing my X-Mag

Customizing my X-Mag

I am getting the itch to customize my X-Mag for a while now, but am undecided on a theme for it.

First idea is... I have is because I have been a real big fan of the Shatner X-Mag since I first saw it. I have been on the fence about replicating it, but I feel even though it would look and operate the same it would be considered a cheap knock off.

Second idea is... Since I am a Star Trek fan (hence the Shatner mag) how about making a Stewart Mag for the great Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

Third idea is... On the same Star Trek theme... A Bakula mag for Captain Archer

Third is just get away from the Star Trek theme.. and go with something crazy... I am always open to options so if you got any let me know
    Last edited by goin5150; 06-16-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Send it to me before you break it!

How about Spock theme...anno it green to match his blood. Photos of him on the grips. Masc his live long and prosper hand on the battery pack.

You could do a Thor theme. Photos of him...his hammer.

Instead of doing a character theme do a Star Trek theme.

Picard is the only true option. He is the embodiment of manliness.

Im thinking if you could find a real good anodizer/laser engraver do a Seven of Nine, Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One Xmag
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

futurama planet express theme is an idea if you're a sci-fi fan. Dust green anno/powder with pale gold/red accents, and maybe the planEX logo on there.

If I saw something like that on the field I'd flip out

Do JarJar binks. That way you can be hated not only for ruining a Xmag, but for choosing JarJar. Why choose something people will like, go for something that people will hate.

Just remember, Christopher Pike was captain of the Enterprise before Kirk. Know you history first. He died for your sins, but wasn't good enough to be on Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Do JarJar binks. That way you can be hated not only for ruining a Xmag, but for choosing JarJar. Why choose something people will like, go for something that people will hate.

Just remember, Christopher Pike was captain of the Enterprise before Kirk. Know you history first. He died for your sins, but wasn't good enough to be on Star Trek.
    Running with that, you could also do an ewok themed one, especially if you make it based on the kids' show.

Or you could just go for the easy route, and choose Barbie or Hello Kitty.

Or if you want awesome silly, do Thomas the Tank Engine.

Claire Benivides already had the "Hello Kitty" Xmag.

A barbie themed or a Thomas gun could work, just say itz for your kid and people will stay quiet.

If you want something dispised, you need something universal, like JarJar. There a very few people that like the character, but a lot of people KNOW the character. Hell, i could say, theme your gun like "Pootytang", but 2 maybe 3 people even seen the movie. So pick and choose. Its your gun, you will have to look at it every time you play, not any one of these knuckleheads, unless you sell it.

Huh, i had forgotten about that. Maybe that's where i got the idea for Hello Kitty.....

You could go for a Zombie themed one, then a lot of people would lament that it's a rusty looking Xmag.

Liking that out of my options Captain Picard is in the lead...

First off thank you guys for the options thrown out... and no I do not intend on breaking the mag. There are a few that have caught my interest like the Star Trek, 7 of 9, and Spock, along with the zombie theme. But definitely no to the Jar Jar theme. If I wanted to ruin the gun I would just melt it down.

As for the Star Wars themes I once was a big fan then Lucas made the prequels and that killed just killed it for me. Not to say they were all bad but the addition of Jar Jar, and the fact that they made Anakin super whiny really killed it for me. I wanted to see something that resembles Star Wars not Beverly Hills 90210.

Looking at the kiddie route with Thomas the Train and Barbie... I ran it by my 2 sons and Thomas the Train won, but they both said Sponge Bob Square Pants would be better. If I were to do the cartoon route I would do a Family Guy Theme or go old school and do Captain Caveman.

Quote Originally Posted by goin5150 View Post

Looking at the kiddie route with Thomas the Train and Barbie... I ran it by my 2 sons and Thomas the Train won, but they both said Sponge Bob Square Pants would be better. If I were to do the cartoon route I would do a Family Guy Theme or go old school and do Captain Caveman.
    If you don't like futurama (you are missing out, by the way), I'd EASILY vote for spongebob. Super recognizable and it would be some pretty funky looking anno. definitely would be unique. I'm trying hard to picture a family guy anno and I can't really get a good image in my head. Capt. Caveman would be unreal too, but not nearly as recognizable as spongebob.

I'm sure whatever you do will come out awesome

Claire Benivides already had the "Hello Kitty" Xmag.
    May that gun rest in peace. It should never have been parted out. I know it was one of the most difficult xmags to get working correctly but it deserved to live. So much history lost for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    futurama planet express theme is an idea if you're a sci-fi fan. Dust green anno/powder with pale gold/red accents, and maybe the planEX logo on there.

If I saw something like that on the field I'd flip out
    ^^^^^ this right here would be tits ! and have a spire painted to match the marker even better considering the spire looks like the planet express ship
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by astr0xz0mbie; 06-17-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Marvin the Martian theme.

MOTY3
    Chiana from Farscape drool

Patrick, i did not take you for watching Farscape. But you got a love the girl in grey with her loomas in a push up bra.

Sorry... Forgot to mention about the Futurama idea... I love that cartoon... And it is an idea I am considering. I have all the DVD's but the Kids didn't get to watch it because mamma didn't think it was appropriate.

A friend at work also threw out a Battlestar Galactica idea...

I may be a syfy geek, but never really got into Farscape. I will have to buy them on DVD and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by astr0xz0mbie View Post
    ^^^^^ this right here would be tits ! and have a spire painted to match the marker even better considering the spire looks like the planet express ship
    don't want the PlanEx Spire.....NEED THE PLANEX SPIRE! This is so good haha

my planex spire runs on dark matter aka nibbler turds haha

MOTY3
    Honestly, not a fan of Farscape...couldn't tell you much about the show...Hot freakishly beautiful women... Yes a fan for sho

Why spend a lot of money on custom anno job, when you will just be scared of scratching it, and thus it will become a wall hanger, and eventually get sold.

Just anodize it black and play with it man.

If you're determine to do Trek, I'd suggest Riker... Grow a beard and be all that is man to the alien ladies.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds = best captain of all time though.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

MOTY3
    ^^^ I don't know but I am more partial to Captain Morgan myself ;P

Gambit on the grips, cards being thrown down the length of the mag and barrel.

bobba fett theme mag ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    If you're determine to do Trek, I'd suggest Riker... Grow a beard and be all that is man to the alien ladies.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds = nearly best captain of all time though.
    I would agree with this, although Riker and Reynolds still pale in comparison to the insurmountable wall of man that is Picard. The only two men who can beat him out are the twin 'staches, Tom Kaye and Tom Selleck.

However, back to the matter at hand. You could avoid all of the sci-fi and do a 'cocker themed Anno. Make it a green "Predator Series" Xmag.

Gaff (Edward James Olmos) from Blade Runner.