Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: AGD Stable?

  1. #1

    AGD Stable?

    With the recent decline of other paintball manufacturers, Any need to worry that AGD is going anywhere? I sure hope not!! Thoughts and Comments?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,799
    Rumor has it Tom Kaye (Owner of AGD) is going to retire from paintball, not sure where it goes from there.

  3. #3
    AGD has been kind of just selling off stock and maintenance parts for a while now. Unless things have changed since the early 2000's though, paintball seemed to be far from the only thing sustaining the company. They may not wind up offering any new markers soon as you can only get the Tac-One right now, but I feel like they'll be supporting their products for quite a while. Like i said though, if their situation has changed drastically, this may not be the case.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Medford MA
    Posts
    183
    AGD was doomed from the start because Tom made guns that never need to be replaced

    But hopefully they stick around for a long time

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Waiting on Key Lime Pie !
    Posts
    4,481
    At Tunaball last year he said he had been going to all the airgun shows selling the Shoebox.

    He also said he is working on a semi auto airgun.

    Airguns have been flying under the radar of the ATF.

    I'm in for buying a Shoebox and a semi auto airgun when he makes one.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
    AGD has been kind of just selling off stock and maintenance parts for a while now. Unless things have changed since the early 2000's though, paintball seemed to be far from the only thing sustaining the company. They may not wind up offering any new markers soon as you can only get the Tac-One right now, but I feel like they'll be supporting their products for quite a while. Like i said though, if their situation has changed drastically, this may not be the case.
    Unless something happened recently, you can still buy ULE RT Customs as well..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Daniel Island, SC
    Posts
    1,455
    my local store still sells brand new mags on the wall and orders them from agd regularly.

  8. #8
    they still pick up the phone when you call and have great customer service. I'd say that's a good sign.

  9. #9
    i try to buy most of my small parts from AGD just to help keep them around.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    383
    I was told directly from AGD, They still manufacture parts and are still in business. They told me they weren't going anywhere. So I take that as a good sign lol I just wish they would get out and start attending events again.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Unless something happened recently, you can still buy ULE RT Customs as well..
    It didn't load anything when I clicked on it. Assumed that meant it wasn't available. I just checked back and found I was fortunately wrong.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario,
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    At Tunaball last year he said he had been going to all the airgun shows selling the Shoebox.

    He also said he is working on a semi auto airgun.

    Airguns have been flying under the radar of the ATF.

    Thanks for this info!


    I'm in for buying a Shoebox and a semi auto airgun when he makes one.

    Thanks for this info!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    I was told directly from AGD, They still manufacture parts and are still in business. They told me they weren't going anywhere. So I take that as a good sign lol I just wish they would get out and start attending events again.
    they were at LL7. I think its a home event for them.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,258
    TigerTime: Welcome to AO! AGD is still alive and well. It may be smaller than it was many years ago, but there are still many die-hard mag lovers out there to keep it around. Sure, AGD might not be creating anything new, but on AO you will quickly realize that we have some talented machinists/programmers out there still creating mag parts for community.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    TigerTime: Welcome to AO! AGD is still alive and well. It may be smaller than it was many years ago, but there are still many die-hard mag lovers out there to keep it around. Sure, AGD might not be creating anything new, but on AO you will quickly realize that we have some talented machinists/programmers out there still creating mag parts for community.
    say what, there are people making after market parts? :P
    I should probably buy me an automag.....
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    they were at LL7. I think its a home event for them.
    They were at LL7? I was there! How the hell did I miss that? lol

  17. #17
    Ty Bunny!! Yea my first high end gun was an Automag Classic with all kinds of upgrades. Looking to get back into Paintball after a lengthy absence. Wish I didn't sell my 'Mag when I quit a while ago. I was also interested in the new feed bodies. I saw one that had ribs or ripples in it. But I cant find out any info on it. it kind of reminded me of a karnivor autococker milling on the body at the back. Anyway thank you to all for the info and glad AGD isn't going anywhere!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    Posts
    764
    As Ozzy said "you can't kill rock &roll" And as long as there are 2 people out there with a Mag, someone will still be making parts. Luke, Rouge,Xmt,and the rest of the host, are making and inventing new and wonderful parts. And since it takes an atomic bomb blast to kill a Mag, they'll be around till, and long after my grandkids get too old to play.
    only two guns seem to have any longevity, cockers...for the screaming fits they give you when they get weird, & Mags just because you can place them on a stand at a museum take them down drop some oil in them ,air it up and rule the fields.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    They were at LL7? I was there! How the hell did I miss that? lol
    i don't think they had an actual venders set up, they hung out around the museum. i didn't know who they were until Zac said something.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    i don't think they had an actual venders set up, they hung out around the museum. i didn't know who they were until Zac said something.
    I don't think AGD "officially" had their presence at Living Legends. KayleAGD and his wife Melissa hungout at the Musuem throughout the week and were helping tech all kinds of guns. Gunga (JJ) also hung out during the weekend and AGDJon also stopped by. AGD was just well represented by former employees and the AO army.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •