Thread: AGD Stable?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AGD Stable?

With the recent decline of other paintball manufacturers, Any need to worry that AGD is going anywhere? I sure hope not!! Thoughts and Comments?

Rumor has it Tom Kaye (Owner of AGD) is going to retire from paintball, not sure where it goes from there.

AGD has been kind of just selling off stock and maintenance parts for a while now. Unless things have changed since the early 2000's though, paintball seemed to be far from the only thing sustaining the company. They may not wind up offering any new markers soon as you can only get the Tac-One right now, but I feel like they'll be supporting their products for quite a while. Like i said though, if their situation has changed drastically, this may not be the case.

AGD was doomed from the start because Tom made guns that never need to be replaced

But hopefully they stick around for a long time

At Tunaball last year he said he had been going to all the airgun shows selling the Shoebox.

He also said he is working on a semi auto airgun.

Airguns have been flying under the radar of the ATF.

I'm in for buying a Shoebox and a semi auto airgun when he makes one.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    At Tunaball last year he said he had been going to all the airgun shows selling the Shoebox.

He also said he is working on a semi auto airgun.

Airguns have been flying under the radar of the ATF.

Thanks for this info!

I'm in for buying a Shoebox and a semi auto airgun when he makes one.

Thanks for this info!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
    AGD has been kind of just selling off stock and maintenance parts for a while now. Unless things have changed since the early 2000's though, paintball seemed to be far from the only thing sustaining the company. They may not wind up offering any new markers soon as you can only get the Tac-One right now, but I feel like they'll be supporting their products for quite a while. Like i said though, if their situation has changed drastically, this may not be the case.
    Unless something happened recently, you can still buy ULE RT Customs as well..

my local store still sells brand new mags on the wall and orders them from agd regularly.

they still pick up the phone when you call and have great customer service. I'd say that's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Unless something happened recently, you can still buy ULE RT Customs as well..
    It didn't load anything when I clicked on it. Assumed that meant it wasn't available. I just checked back and found I was fortunately wrong.