Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of making some youtube tutorials...

Thinking of making some youtube tutorials...

So what do you guys think? I have to figure out some editing software, but I am considering making some mag-tech related videos. Mostly how-to stuff.

I have a bunch of ideas but if there would be something specific you want included post here.

Edit*

Here is the link, hopefully this will grow into something cool

https://www.youtube.com/user/BEOBIGEVILONLINE
    Last edited by BigEvil; 07-03-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    So what do you guys think? I have to figure out some editing software, but I am considering making some mag-tech related videos. Mostly how-to stuff.

I have a bunch of ideas but if there would be something specific you want included post here.
    Pneu stuff would be definitely interesting. But what ever you do please don't capture it in 9:16 format (portrait), I die a bit every time some one does that.

Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Pneu stuff would be definitely interesting. But what ever you do please don't capture it in 9:16 format (portrait), I die a bit every time some one does that.
    Yeah I have to figure all of that stuff out I used to be very tech savy.. now I have a 3 y/o and I am more up to date on Disney stuff than tech stuff.

I think this will be very useful! Im more a see and do/hands on guy than reading instructions on how to do.

I really like the idea. I would keep it simple to start. X-valve videos and Lvl10 tuning are a must. Leaking and other common issues with Automags would also help. Once you start working on some of the content I can organize it on Automags.org so it doesn't get lost in the tech forum. I look forward to your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I really like the idea. I would keep it simple to start. X-valve videos and Lvl10 tuning are a must. Leaking and other common issues with Automags would also help. Once you start working on some of the content I can organize it on Automags.org so it doesn't get lost in the tech forum. I look forward to your work!
    I can't wait until it evolves into sketch comedy.

how to tune an automag in 1 cigar or less

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Ever see my cigars? They are a 2 hr commitment. 6x60

Given how many "halp me with my mag" posts there are, I think there is a strong need for a new Automag troubleshooting video.

"Brevity is the soul of wit", and at 10 minutes, that old video needs to be cut way, way down. Above all, be brief and to the point.

If you're going to do Youtube, you might be able to construct one of those "choose your own adventure" videos where the user clicks on what he's having problems with, and it skips right to the right place.

In fact I'm a huge fan of indexed videos.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

BigE, if you're going to do this, you do realize you need facial hair but can only have a mustache for the videos right? It's an official Automag rule. That's why Tom grew a goatee after he retired.
    Last edited by snoopay700; 07-01-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
    BigE, if you're going to do this, you do realize you need facial hair but can only have a mustache for the videos right? It's an official Automag rule. That's why Tom grew a goatee after he retired.
    I have the full beard thing going. That just shows that the mag as evolved

I have the full beard thing going. That just shows that the mag as evolved
    That seems like a cop out.... Also it would amuse me if you went for the Tom look.

I'd start out with the basics though, just kind of summarize the original training video. Then what Bunny suggested, then after that i would say ULT and pnuemag/spydermag info. Maybe a special EMag video as well.

I just ordered my lime green Borat mankini for this project

Make sure to subtitle it for those that can't handle your accent. :P

Great idea though!
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Make sure to subtitle it for those that can't handle your accent. :P

Great idea though!
    As Nobody says "Our heavily accented benevolent dictator"

anything is better than nothing, pneu, ult, anything.... great ideas!!

You could wear it while sitting behind a table (or a fancy desk). You would just have to threaten to get up.

Pump mags might be a good short subject. When I built mine, I used the old AGD pump kit scan and dwg.

E-mag troubleshooting seems to be lacking as well.

Use multiple cameras if you can. It's smooth when you keep talking but you cut in a different view angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    You could wear it while sitting behind a table (or a fancy desk). You would just have to threaten to get up.

Pump mags might be a good short subject. When I built mine, I used the old AGD pump kit scan and dwg.

E-mag troubleshooting seems to be lacking as well

Use multiple cameras if you can. It's smooth when you keep talking but you cut in a different view angle.
    That is all going to be trial an error. Hopefully I can pull something together. My first priority is to get the garage/shop/big mess cleaned up. Actually, maybe that could be the first video...

honestly first things would be lvl 10 kit short an sweet. i think it would help people if you had good demo setup already aka. when lvl 10 tuning have the correct carrier, larger and smaller carrier and what to expect from each and how to use the shims to get proper resets.

i would purposefully cause common failures and show how to solve them. powertube tip oring, on/off top inner oring.

how to properly set sear rod length.

how to go about setting up an rt style valve to rt with out causing premature wear.

pump mag tuning, short spring, proper carrier size

i think this is a good list.

Tips, tricks and tweaking on/off assemblies, along with proper adjustments of trigger stops.

I think my first one will be "How to install your foamy, dumbass"

Oh, I volunteer to type all the subtitles...

"I've seen things that can't be unseen!!" LOL

But in all seriousness, you should definitely do it. As someone else said, Level 10 and leak videos are a must have. Pneu would also be nice for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I want to see "How to tune a E90 Classic RT in 1 Cigar or less"
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    But in all seriousness, you should definitely do it.
    It might just be me, but I'm pretty sure this is in response to the Borat mankini comment......

.....looks like mpsd read all of our minds!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
    It might just be me, but I'm pretty sure this is in response to the Borat mankini comment......

.....looks like mpsd read all of our minds!
    Hahahahaha I just "saw" him doing a video about tuning a level 10 bolt to perfection wearing it! LOL I guess I'll have a nightmare later tonight hahahahaha

This is a great idea BE, to have the videos. Please, spare us the extra scenery tho Hahaha. There are so many details that could potentially be covered. Even something as simple as stripping down (the mag) and doing basic preventative maintenance; checking the sear, checking for wear, common lube points, explaining what does what. There certainly are a lot of repeat questions in the tech forum so I think any extras on top of Tom's videos would be great. Cheers!

BigEvil. you should do a video tutorial on the Emag. Like how to program and go through the options on all of the popular boards. Unfortunately the AGD Emag manual isn't the best source for any helpful information.

Well, it's up and I posted three quick videos of Mike Phillip's mags that I just teched for him.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BEOBIGEVILONLINE