Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of making some youtube tutorials...

This is a great idea.
    Some unsolicited advise: brevity is king. Conveying the information in quick specific videos is much more consumable than that extensive tech lectures that most industry types and Cockerpunk tend to produce. By way of example, this is (IMO) the best format on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/minutephysics

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    This is a great idea.
    Some unsolicited advise: brevity is king. Conveying the information in quick specific videos is much more consumable than that extensive tech lectures that most industry types and Cockerpunk tend to produce. By way of example, this is (IMO) the best format on Youtube:

Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    This is a great idea.
    OH YEA, the youtube drones that love to hear themselves talk, on and on and on, instead of just getting to the point, it drives me nuts!
    One of my biggest pet peeves about the youtube how to videos are the people that repeat information two or three times like it's a classroom lecture. We have rewind if we need a stinking review! (lol, mini rant over)

I was thinking about doing this for the warpless halo setup I use but after thinking about it I figured almost everyone knows how it's done

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    OH YEA, the youtube drones that love to hear themselves talk, on and on and on, instead of just getting to the point, it drives me nuts!
    One of my biggest pet peeves about the youtube how to videos are the people that repeat information two or three times like it's a classroom lecture. We have rewind if we need a stinking review! (lol, mini rant over)
    I don't think it's a matter of them thinking it's a good lesson, I think it's a matter of personality. I've stayed away from making videos for a long time, but looking back on some of my posts, even ones made days ago, they're needlessly long winded, and i have a feeling that any videos I make would be as well.

In short, I'm on your side, and promise to never make videos like this so i don't piss people off

I don't think ANYONE, including myself, is going to like to hear me talk for long.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I don't think ANYONE, including myself, is going to like to hear me talk for long.
    You actually have pretty good voice for videos. Clear and not in anyway annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    You actually have pretty good voice for videos. Clear and not in anyway annoying.
    Your Finnish, you don't know what a heavy New York accent can be like in person

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    True. Though it can't be nearly as bad as Scottish.

Texas can help with that.

Hey you's guys will turn into hey ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

Well he'll turn into either a steer or a... you know the joke

Well he'll turn into either a steer or a... you know the joke
    In your dreams...

Hehehehehehe, got you on that one BigEz...

Youtube/Google+ is a mess. I deleted my accounts and will start over. Total pain in the ass to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

Hey you's guys will turn into hey ya'll.

We had a neighbor from long island. She always kept that strong accent. On the other hand, my wife picked up the long island accent just from hanging out with her. Sometimes the kids would get very confused about what they were saying.

Hey Evil I'd love to see some vids on pneumatics hopefully you continue with this idea I thought it was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropjc View Post
    Hey Evil I'd love to see some vids on pneumatics hopefully you continue with this idea I thought it was great!
    I am planning on. Im either super busy with marker work or I have nothing so it makes it tough sometimes.

Next up I think will be "How to install a foamy".