Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunny's SSR Racing Neo-chrome Review: The death of an x-mag.

Just tell them that you have over 2,000 posts on a site called automags.org

Don't report them to the police = turns into a Mongoose topic

Report them to the police = start a trend on this forum to mark the standard for these guys that do these kinda of dealings

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me View Post
    Don't report them to the police = turns into a Mongoose topic

Report them to the police = start a trend on this forum to mark the standard for these guys that do these kinda of dealings
    good EFING point
    EDIT* just hope you get a resolve that you are happy with bunny

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedStar Racing
    Every project has it's challenges etc not every part is the same (diff metals, condition, shape) my polisher made a mistake on your body. I'm trying to remedy this situation with u. Why u throwing me under the bus bro? I've read your reviews. It's not I said screw u, I apologized and I'm trying to fix this.
    Gee Bro y u throw Bunny under the bus and rip him off after you wrecked his rare marker. There is no try. Only Do or do not. You are not refunding his money and replaceing what you destroyed. Charge your polisher for it. You ARE screwing him.

Do to the amount of money involved in this project and the admittance of the business saying his crew messed up. I would just proceed with a property damage in small claims court. The business already has admitted to negligence.

most important:
    Negligence concepts are tricky: Don't try to be a judge. There is often no foolproof way to determine in advance whether someone will be judged to be negligent. In fact, when it comes to accidents, it's often so close a question that lawyers regularly fail to predict the outcome. So if you have suffered a real loss and think someone else caused it, bring your case, present as much evidence supporting your point of view as possible, and let the judge decide.

Telling the police wont do nothing really and they arent gonna do nothing unless its involving a crime, this was just bad business practice.

Sad to say but its either refund or see him in court, realistic options.

here is the link which might help you some:
    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...hapter2-4.html

I do not really understand why he kept comparing his finish to powder coating. That makes zero sense. What really bugs me though is if I can make a .004-.01" thick coating (depending on finish type and number of coats) work on a paintball gun with ultra tight tolerances why can't he do it with neochrome. His comment about the barrel porting being the issue of needing to repolish the barrel is outrageous. There are specific high heat tapes made exactly for this purpose. I use them every day doing barrels to cover the inside of the barrel from material getting past the porting and sticking to the inside of the barrel. If you run into parts that are so beyond repair let me know, I can get all the putting and such smoothed out and filled in for you. It may take me a bit of time because I need to build the surface back up but I can do it if it helps you out.

I would take them to small claims if you can, the damage to those parts is unacceptable.

Now I do understand why I does a while for them to do the parts (neo chroming is a greatly expensive process, costing $1000s to make even one run through the machine). It is possible their were waiting to build a full run before doing the parts to make it cost effective.
    PM ME FOR CUSTOM POWDER COATING
    Like Us On Facebook

With the ordeal you have dealt with the last year. And the fact this is a "legit" business. Not a one man do you a favor deal. I would want a full refund. And my part replaced. IE fair market value. Otherwise I'd at least look in to a layer.

I think Speedstar Racing wants to finish the project so that it looks better for their reputation. However, finding the pieces in a reasonable time frame and at a reasonable price is going to nearly take a miracle. They might not realize what will be involved obtaining these pieces. Also, they may feel that giving you a refund will set a bad precedent (others may want refunds). If this is their thinking, its unacceptable. They destroyed your property, didn't perform the services you requested and have no realistic approach to making things right. Small claims court may be your only option. It wouldn't be the option I'd want to take but they might be forcing your hand. I'm sorry for your problems and thank you for letting other know so they don't suffer the same.

Wow Bunny, what a terrible situation. You are truly a man of unbelievable patience and self control. The tough part is that this amount of money for a local small claims court would be easy to file and take on. Out of state is an entirely different matter.
    It may cost you more money to maintain the case versus what you win. Given legal fees and travel expenses are typically not reimbursable expenses by the court. You'll win a morale victory but how much more will it cost?
    I wish you the best in this case and I'm sure all of us here will do our best to spread the word about this dirtbag.

Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionPowder View Post
    I do not really understand why he kept comparing his finish to powder coating. That makes zero sense. What really bugs me though is if I can make a .04-.1" thick coating (depending on finish type and number of coats) work on a paintball gun with ultra tight tolerances why can't he do it with neochrome. His comment about the barrel porting being the issue of needing to repolish the barrel is outrageous. There are specific high heat tapes made exactly for this purpose. I use them every day doing barrels to cover the inside of the barrel from material getting past the porting and sticking to the inside of the barrel. If you run into parts that are so beyond repair let me know, I can get all the putting and such smoothed out and filled in for you. It may take me a bit of time because I need to build the surface back up but I can do it if it helps you out.

I would take them to small claims if you can, the damage to those parts is unacceptable.

Now I do understand why I does a while for them to do the parts (neo chroming is a greatly expensive process, costing $1000s to make even one run through the machine). It is possible their were waiting to build a full run before doing the parts to make it cost effective.

I must be missing something, .04-.1" coating thickness?!

there is no way thats correct, thats ginormous, the marker would look like a marshmallow afterwards

I could see maybe .004-.01 (and even .01 is a little ridiculous sounding to me)
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

Quote Originally Posted by elpanda View Post
    i must be missing something, .04-.1" coating thickness?!

There is no way thats correct, thats ginormous, the marker would look like a marshmallow afterwards

i could see maybe .004-.01 (and even .01 is a little ridiculous sounding to me)
    x2

I think he is speaking in "mils" which is standard measure for plating. Divide by 1000 to get inches.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post

there is no way thats correct, thats ginormous, the marker would look like a marshmallow afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I think he is speaking in "mils" which is standard measure for plating. Divide by 1000 to get inches.
    Yes, my phone missed a 0 when I was typing my response. It really is not all that thick, thinner than that plating looks for sure.

It looks completely fine afterwards. Does not hide milling or anything of the sorts. Definitely does NOT look like a marshmallow

Even with a textured coating parts still fit together fine (this was 8mils)

What I am saying is I don think these guys have any idea what they are doing or really care about what they are doing when it comes to tolerances. They should stick to car parts

Quote Originally Posted by ElPanda View Post

wouldn't that look cool as ****, marshmallow marker.
    sorry my .02

It's the stay puff marshmallow mag

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    It's the stay puff marshmallow mag
    should have one made,
    lol, heaviest mag every but would be a neat piece to showoff.

the guy is being a douche and not taking you seriously, bro. he's placating you with kind worlds and pointing the fingers everywhere but himself. flex the strong arm of the law, its the only thing you have to do in your favor, since he's giving dancing lessons on avoiding the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    the guy is being a douche and not taking you seriously, bro. he's placating you with kind worlds and pointing the fingers everywhere but himself. flex the strong arm of the law, its the only thing you have to do in your favor, since he's giving dancing lessons on avoiding the issue.
    I wouldn't even say kind words. The guy writing those emails speaks/writes some awful English. That has to be one of the least professional ways of speaking to a customer I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Oh come on Brah y u throw me under the bus. We need an AO RALLY for Bunny. Make this thread go viral.
    Spread the word so his business takes a BIG hit.

Bunny..... you need to tell him you will take legal action for damages. Reporting to the BBB is free also and will get him noticed and black marked by the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/council/about/con...laint-support/

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...-of-complaint/

BBB is not a government or law enforcement agency and cannot force a reply from a business or administer sanctions. However, a business' unwillingness to respond will be noted in the business' BBB Business Review.....

Somebody posted pics and a link to this thread on Speedstar Racing Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Speed...81149128594220

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Somebody posted pics and a link to this thread on SSR Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Speed...81149128594220
    Sorry Beemer

Looks like they locked down their page.

Wow! Ouch! Wonder how long that will stay on there page.

SpeedStar Racing

SpeedStar Racing
    3700 Thomas Road Suite 107-S
    Santa Clara, CA 95054
    Ph(408)306-8383 (M-F 10am-6pm, PST)
    sales@speedstar-racing.com
    AIM: mugencivic808

Emailed a link to this thread to them.

sales@speedstar-racing.com

Do it.

SpeedStar racing

Nice SEO Bunny. lol
    Attachment 89092

I think you can claim a moral victory already. Anybody looking to have this work done is going to find your review real easily. There is more organic content related to their neo-chrome "service" here than there is on their website or Facebook page.

As far as winning a financial victory... I can't see you coming out of that fight with green in your ledger. But then, I'm no lawyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Progress report???

I'll try and update the original post with more info this weekend. I'm currently waiting to see if he can track down an X-mag to restore my faith in this whole project. I just noticed all of the other replies to this thread thanks for all the help so far. I'm still waiting and willing to see how Wayne can make this project right. I'm pretty much done with the entire project and have chalked it up as a complete loss. I have a lot more stuff going on in my life to keep going back and forth with someone who doesn't really care about how I feel so i'm not really putting too much effort into it.

I'm not sure if he realized how important I was as HIS customer, but i'm glad my thread is right below his website on google. He had the opportunity to sell thousands of dollars worth of finishing to the paintball world, but hopefully after people read what has been going on they will not give him any more money. I have a simple request with how the deal should go down and they are the ones holding up the entire process.

Btw, Please do not bombard Wayne@SpeedStarRacing with negative/hateful comments. That is NOT what i'm trying to accomplish. I just want this thread to be an area where I can show the masses exactly how wayne has handled the situation. That is all. The e-mail chain speaks volumes....

So are you going to part with your f'ed up x body or keep it for sentimental reasons. I say find someone to mill it and get creative with it. Can't mess it up any worse...well maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Cheeze View Post
    So are you going to part with your f'ed up x body or keep it for sentimental reasons. I say find someone to mill it and get creative with it. Can't mess it up any worse...well maybe.
    To be honest, I would rather throw the body away in the trashcan than to keep it in my collection. It is hard to show in the pictures, but the body is completely warped. It wasn't just milled by accident, they have over finished the part and ruined it.

It all depends on what Wayne and I agree to. I'm interested in shipping all of the Xmag parts back for a full refund. It was denied so they are attempting to find me a CnC X-mag. They wanted to redo the parts over again and I told them I was NOT interested in sitting through the same issue again. Hopefully I can trade back the parts that they worked on for a working CnC Xmag.

I'll take the body if you don't want it.
    Xmag, IT Emag
    And a few other Emags.