Thread: LVL 10 Issue?

LVL 10 Issue?

Hey everyone!

I have an automag classic that i overhauled a month or two ago and installed lvl 10 on.

Everything was working well, but today I put an intelliframe on it.

Now when pulling the trigger, if i do it slowly, air leaks down the barrel; and under some cases, pulling the trigger does nothing.

Does my sear need adjustment? Am I on the wrong spring? Do i need to remove a shim? Not really sure what direction to go with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Check the trigger rod, it probably needs adjusting. Make sure there is about a credit cards thickness between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod.

When the marker is aired up and has tension the trigger rod that goes through the frame, it is almost touching the trigger when the trigger is all the way forward to the front of the gun.. if not making complete contact. I'll start there by shortening the rod connected to the sear, correct?... Anything else I should check while I have her apart?
    Last edited by ascent; 07-14-2014 at 07:10 PM.

You shouldn't need any shims on your lvl-10.

Make sure your using the gold spring.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo_fuerte View Post
    Make sure your using the gold spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    You shouldn't need any shims on your lvl-10.
    i got it. turned out to be a combination of the trigger bar being too long and needing to size down on a carrier because the oring is still breaking in.

thank you all for your advice!

Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post
    Now when pulling the trigger, if i do it slowly, air leaks down the barrel; and under some cases, pulling the trigger does nothing.
    If it doesn't leak when at rest, but leaks when you slowly pull the trigger, then your issue is too many shims. If you use a tighter carrier it may stop the leaking, but you will now be using a carrier that is too tight. It will work for a while, but may cause intermittent issues at some inappropriate time in the future. The key is if it doesn't leak when at rest. If this is the case, then the proper carrier size is already being used. If it didn't leak using the trigger frame before you installed the intelliframe, then I would say that is the case. Changing frames doesn't change how the carrier and oring interacts with the bolt stem. It can change the interaction with the sear such that it exposed a shim issue that is the actual cause of your leak.

You have shortened your trigger rod, which is good. Now remove any shims in your powertube and put back the largest carrier size that does not produce a leak. Always use the same white carrier oring on each carrier size you use. It is the oring you are adjusting using the different size carriers.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I believe that when I sized down on a carrier I removed one of the two shims I was using. Used the same oring. No more leaks!

Remove all of the shims. Don't leave any installed. Then go back up to the next larger carrier size that you were originally using. Without the shims, I'll bet you won't get any leaking. You always want to be using the largest carrier size that doesn't produce a leak. That will guarrantee that you won't get unexpected bolt stick at some inopportune moment in a game when the oring is a bit dry.