Thread: Ok I'm stumped

Ok I'm stumped

Name:  DSCN8858.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  79.1 KB
    Name:  DSCN8859.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  70.0 KB

Am I missing something? Why are the holes beveled on the same side? Think about it. Typically, you use the beveled side to attach an ASA. None of the holes is threaded... Misfire from the factory? Or is there a special ASA that went with these?

Made on Monday morning with a bad hangover from partying all weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Made on Monday morning with a bad hangover from partying all weekend.
    Yeah, I'm not even sure how you would attach one since how many ASA's are threaded??? Its pretty though!!!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    lol...that's not right. here's a gloss red cp flame drop. i have a red benchmark drop and a long, flat rail...extender thing, both gloss red. dunno if the straight extender would work or not, i could take a pic and some measurements if you want.

I think there uses to be a special cradle thingy that went with that.

Looks like the one I have for my NW ON/OFF that has the threads in the on/off so you direct mount it to the drop. People like weird options so maybe the beveled both sides so you could flip it upsidedown. I gave done that and used it as a stock. But yeah you need to either use screws and nuts or an on/off that is threaded. PS I have one I might be willing to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    lol...that's not right. here's a gloss red cp flame drop. i have a red benchmark drop and a long, flat rail...extender thing, both gloss red. dunno if the straight extender would work or not, i could take a pic and some measurements if you want.
    No need. It came in on a marker and I just sat there scratching my head. I'll probably throw it in the parts box and maybe some day will come across the matching part if one exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    Looks like the one I have for my NW ON/OFF that has the threads in the on/off so you direct mount it to the drop. People like weird options so maybe the beveled both sides so you could flip it upsidedown. I gave done that and used it as a stock. But yeah you need to either use screws and nuts or an on/off that is threaded. PS I have one I might be willing to sell.
    That's the problem, only one side is beveled. But even if the on/off was threaded, the way the bevel is the on/off would sit on top of the drop. I do wonder if it wasn't something designed as a type of stock. That isn't a bad idea....

Your missing the mini rail here's one on eBay so you get an idea of what it looks like, you can also buy it and put it on your red drop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380953385972

Quote Originally Posted by lobo_fuerte View Post
    Your missing the mini rail here's one on eBay so you get an idea of what it looks like, you can also buy it and put it on your red drop.

If so, mines a screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo_fuerte View Post

The mini rail won't fix the screw up on OPBNs drop

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    If so, mines a screw up.
    It looks like there is room to machine your's to fix it...

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It looks like there is room to machine your's to fix it...
    Yeah, I actually have the bits to fix it if needed, just trying to see if it was supposed to be like that or what. Would kind of make a cool stock... Just amazes me that something would make it not only from machining like that, but get to the point of being anodized etc and then into consumers hands. Amazing.

Or you can just spend the $ 6and buy the ebay one

Probably just a setup mistake by the machinist, it was probably set aside then ended up back in the completed pile by mistake. Could have been part of 500 or 1000 parts being made, easy to over look if someone placed it in the pile not knowing it was screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Easy fix even with a hand drill if you have the tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I don't actually have any use for it. Again, just came in on a marker I was fiddling with and going to part out and thought it was odd. Now that I know its a screw up I wont resell it to anyone without pointing out its a factory error.

I like to break all sharp edges on anything I make. Although that's a lot of break maybe they just wanted smooth. Even AGD had sharp edges and I've sanded and smoothed more then my share of stock parts. Il love things to not bite me unless I want them to. If I checker something at 20 lpi. I'll still hit it with 800+ sandpaper until it gives good grip and not cause excessive bleeding.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    I like to break all sharp edges on anything I make. Although that's a lot of break maybe they just wanted smooth. Even AGD had sharp edges and I've sanded and smoothed more then my share of stock parts. Il love things to not bite me unless I want them to. If I checker something at 20 lpi. I'll still hit it with 800+ sandpaper until it gives good grip and not cause excessive bleeding.
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    what?
    I get it, lol, all of all actually.

Actually the problem is, who uses drop forwards anymore

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    people with short arms or long tanks! whatever it takes to get the optimal reach, you know?

Or people potentially looking to set up a marker for a 10 year old girl....

That's ok, i don't consider you a 10 year old girl....

That's ok, i don't consider you a 10 year old girl....
    My 10 year old daughters will be so tickled to hear that.

I had one of these kind of drop forwards on my Jax Worriors E-mag build and that looks pretty bizarre compared to mine. You are definitely missing the dovetail mount and threading. It reminds me of when I tried to put together an Ikea side table. For whatever reason Ikea forgot to drill a few holes in the main piece which lead me into an endless circle of trying to make it worked. I couldn't imagine that ikea would miss drilling a hole in it, but that is exactly what happened. lol.