I'm working on an idea I had to do a handful of complete bolt-on pneumag frames. I figured I could throw a couple questions/ideas at the community while i'm waiting for some parts to come in. But before I get into that, I did have some guidelines in my vision of what i want the final product to look like (some ideas i may be more stubborn about than I care to admit):
- I'm trying to avoid following some of the ideas/designs i've seen too many times (which may complicate things, but i'm excited about overcoming that). For example: no more ego frames.
- I've already made progress on this but i've got a long way to go when it comes to listing the most affordable materials/parts to use without totally compromising the quality or the cosmetic value
- I want this to be as close to a bolt-on upgrade as possible while maintaining some flexibility if the end user wants to change something around, like running the lpr from somewhere else.
- I'm trying to aim for a final price somewhere between $150-200, which seems like it may put some pressure on the overall cost to complete one.
Now for some questions that came up:
1. After a couple days of browsing around, I think this WGP select fire frame best suits my guidelines and seems relatively affordable and pretty easy to find among a number of other reasons. Do you think the use of a wgp frame might upset mag purists?
2. To accommodate my plan to fit the lpr in the frame while deviating from that CP direct mount asa mod, i'm most likely going to stick with cage style asa and a ninja on/off with an extra port tapped for a bleed button (saw one on palmer's site). Do you think seeing that cage asa setup might hurt the aesthetic/overall value?