Thread: Questions about a possible run of complete bolt-on pneumag frames

Questions about a possible run of complete bolt-on pneumag frames

I'm working on an idea I had to do a handful of complete bolt-on pneumag frames. I figured I could throw a couple questions/ideas at the community while i'm waiting for some parts to come in. But before I get into that, I did have some guidelines in my vision of what i want the final product to look like (some ideas i may be more stubborn about than I care to admit):

- I'm trying to avoid following some of the ideas/designs i've seen too many times (which may complicate things, but i'm excited about overcoming that). For example: no more ego frames.
    - I've already made progress on this but i've got a long way to go when it comes to listing the most affordable materials/parts to use without totally compromising the quality or the cosmetic value
    - I want this to be as close to a bolt-on upgrade as possible while maintaining some flexibility if the end user wants to change something around, like running the lpr from somewhere else.
    - I'm trying to aim for a final price somewhere between $150-200, which seems like it may put some pressure on the overall cost to complete one.

Now for some questions that came up:
    1. After a couple days of browsing around, I think this WGP select fire frame best suits my guidelines and seems relatively affordable and pretty easy to find among a number of other reasons. Do you think the use of a wgp frame might upset mag purists?

2. To accommodate my plan to fit the lpr in the frame while deviating from that CP direct mount asa mod, i'm most likely going to stick with cage style asa and a ninja on/off with an extra port tapped for a bleed button (saw one on palmer's site). Do you think seeing that cage asa setup might hurt the aesthetic/overall value?

we already have this frame, its called an M90,microrock,msv2, and a mpa3.

from what i see you wont be able to sell a totally pneu frame bolt on ready for 150-200$ and be able to maked money.

Just searched the forum for that. That frame looks awesome, not to mention the grip panels. Here's the thing about that. Especially assuming those frames may be intended to be sold for +$200 without the internals (correct me if i'm wrong), I would imagine the finished product should come out to quite a bit more. I'm trying to aim for more of a poor-man's build that's pre-assembled ready to play with as soon as you get it.

As far as the internals go, the plan is to use an msv2 valve/mpa3 ram combo. I realized I didn't clarify that i'm not going to be using the pancake noid at all.

As for the build cost, with the average price of the parts i'm using, so far i haven't went over $120 just yet-which is my budget. And i think i can still cut that down to less than $100 with some minor changes and and some good deal hunting. But finding a frame that's both cheap/ readily available and easy to work on will play a big role in keeping the budget under control.

Someone else mentioned an interesting point that the popularity of that m90 frame might make my frame choice even less desirable on top of it being WGP (btw i meant the kind that you would see on a superstock), so i think what i'll do is make one or two and test the waters. I feel like there has to be some other options out there that i may not have found yet.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    we already have this frame, its called an M90,microrock,msv2, and a mpa3.

from what i see you wont be able to sell a totally pneu frame bolt on ready for 150-200$ and be able to maked money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiro View Post
    I'm working on an idea I had to do a handful of complete bolt-on pneumag frames. I figured I could throw a couple questions/ideas at the community while i'm waiting for some parts to come in. But before I get into that, I did have some guidelines in my vision of what i want the final product to look like (some ideas i may be more stubborn about than I care to admit):

- I'm trying to avoid following some of the ideas/designs i've seen too many times (which may complicate things, but i'm excited about overcoming that). For example: no more ego frames.
    - I've already made progress on this but i've got a long way to go when it comes to listing the most affordable materials/parts to use without totally compromising the quality or the cosmetic value
    - I want this to be as close to a bolt-on upgrade as possible while maintaining some flexibility if the end user wants to change something around, like running the lpr from somewhere else.
    - I'm trying to aim for a final price somewhere between $150-200, which seems like it may put some pressure on the overall cost to complete one.

Now for some questions that came up:
    1. After a couple days of browsing around, I think this WGP select fire frame best suits my guidelines and seems relatively affordable and pretty easy to find among a number of other reasons. Do you think the use of a wgp frame might upset mag purists?

2. To accommodate my plan to fit the lpr in the frame while deviating from that CP direct mount asa mod, i'm most likely going to stick with cage style asa and a ninja on/off with an extra port tapped for a bleed button (saw one on palmer's site). Do you think seeing that cage asa setup might hurt the aesthetic/overall value?
    I'd probably go with this frame - http://www.paintballgateway.com/plecebautrfr2.html
    cheapest possible wpg eblade frame at 15 dollars - on closeout.

Whoa those got way cheaper since the last time i checked. Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post
    I'd probably go with this frame - http://www.paintballgateway.com/plecebautrfr2.html
    cheapest possible wpg eblade frame at 15 dollars - on closeout.

I may want one if you're doing a run of them. Feel free to pass on the savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiro View Post
    Whoa those got way cheaper since the last time i checked. Thanks for the link!
    and you would need a LPR, right?

ANS adjustable jackhammer - 29.95
    http://www.ansgear.com/ANS_Auto_Cock...rdustblack.htm

not sure if it would fit in the frame, a palmers microrock is what i normally see, but the lowest on one of those is $54.00

you could mount it on the outside on the ASA from what I have seen...

other then that, the pneu specific parts are kind of set from what I have seen. The two links I provided are where you could shave the most money off.

This thread seems to suggest that the palmers MicroRock LPR is rated at 1300 psi and is the only one with a high enough input to get the job done

most others are max 850 psi input.
    Last edited by ascent; 07-20-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Lol Dammit! That's going to be a big hit to the budget going with microrock, but i still think i have some wiggle room in some other departments.

Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post
    and you would need a LPR, right?

ANS adjustable jackhammer - 29.95
    http://www.ansgear.com/ANS_Auto_Cock...rdustblack.htm

not sure if it would fit in the frame, a palmers microrock is what i normally see, but the lowest on one of those is $54.00

you could mount it on the outside on the ASA from what I have seen...

other then that, the pneu specific parts are kind of set from what I have seen. The two links I provided are where you could shave the most money off.

This thread seems to suggest that the palmers MicroRock LPR is rated at 1300 psi and is the only one with a highest enough input to get the job done

most others are max 850 psi input.

Interested

Drill and tap a few holes and these are ready.
    I didn't set these up for the parts everyone is using because there are different plans in the works, but the platform is there if you want to go the MPA3 and MSV2 route.
    Need a trigger rod hole drilled.
    Room for trigger magnets if you want them.