Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: my first emag

  1. #1

    Cool my first emag

    Well putting lowers on my build and wondering what to expect? Anything I should know? What to do and not to do..... I'm excited!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    61
    Only real gotcha I ran into with emag lowers is make sure the sear moves freely with gravity before you tighten them down, they're really picky in terms of how straight they have to mount up to run smooth.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    674
    always unscrew the sear pin screw before taking the rail off the grip frame. make sure the mode selector switch is installed in the correct orientation. if you have calipers, you might want to check that the sear trigger rod and solenoid plunger are at the correct specs. from the specs sticky:

    Trigger Rod: 2.125"

    Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

    make sure your on/off pin length is correct: .712 length pin with double o-ring / quad o-ring in the on/off top. .725 with a single o-ring valve (rt classic, older rt pro).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    always unscrew the sear pin screw before taking the rail off the grip frame. make sure the mode selector switch is installed in the correct orientation. if you have calipers, you might want to check that the sear trigger rod and solenoid plunger are at the correct specs. from the specs sticky:

    Trigger Rod: 2.125"

    Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

    make sure your on/off pin length is correct: .712 length pin with double o-ring / quad o-ring in the on/off top. .725 with a single o-ring valve (rt classic, older rt pro).
    i have a xvalve i cant just drop it in?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailia View Post
    Only real gotcha I ran into with emag lowers is make sure the sear moves freely with gravity before you tighten them down, they're really picky in terms of how straight they have to mount up to run smooth.
    not true,
    clean your gear
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    i have a xvalve i cant just drop it in?
    I would get the emag on off.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    674
    you can try it, but it may need a different pin.

  8. #8
    Lol hate cleaning lol, so just a pin needed?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    Lol hate cleaning lol, so just a pin needed?
    yeah, i think so. .725, or .712 if you use a quad o-ring. the on/off itself is the same, it's just the pin that differs.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 07-23-2014 at 08:06 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,869
    Emag pin + quad oring or it might not work right.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Halifax, N.S., Canada
    Posts
    7,407
    Use the 0.712" pin and the quad oring for best operation.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •