Thread: Hope I got this right...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hope I got this right...

Hello,

So I've been lurking around recently and am considering on getting an automag. I was hoping I can get some clarification on what I would use...

In my case I would want a simple semi-auto with a lvl 10 bolt, nothing fancy in terms of rate of fire as I have seen the madness when you have an RT and I don't like to burn through paint alot. I imagine I would need something like a ninja tank with the SHP regulator (higher pressure the better for operation)? Or would the regular regulator be ok?

Considering it'd be a normal semi-auto I would be ok with a revvy too right? In my head the current setup is a 68 automag either angled or vertical feed with or without a ULE body and a lvl 10 bolt with a ninja tank and revy loader...Did I miss anything? I'd appreciate any input on the matter.

Thanks!

A shp reg won't be necessary if you're not looking for an enhanced rt effect. Sounds like you aren't looking to waste a bunch paint. So any classic valved marker should get you where you wanna go. A level 10 bolt is recommended. Yes a revy loader will be sufficient if thats what you wanna use. A ule body will save ya some weight and simplify things for ya. You should be able to find something with everything i mentioned for $300 or less.

only thing left is barrel choice, if you go ule its cocker threaded, the standard classic mag is a twistlock(my personal favorite) and with todays undersized paint you may have to shop around to find barrels to match your choice in paint. there is a twistlock to cocker adapter you can get for around $40.00 if you want to go that route..and welcome to the mag family I doubt you will be disappointed.

Yeah I mean I'll lay down some shots to keep people's heads down but nothing close to people using spires or rotors... I didn't think a regular regulator would do it! So the higher pressure is only if you are going for the RT's effect then? I'll see if the classifieds brings up any lvl 10 ULE for me to grab. I'll want to pick up the CF tank first and an on/off asa...I'll stick with cocker threads since my other guns are the same way.

Anything I should know about concerning their maintenance? And is there any difference in the trigger type? The blade triggers seem to offer a faster rate of fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Christofolo View Post
    Anything I should know about concerning their maintenance? And is there any difference in the trigger type? The blade triggers seem to offer a faster rate of fire...
    Couple drops of oil, and use it. I personally like single triggers myself. Just a preference of mine. Really just depends on what you're comfortable with. The longer trigger will cut down the force needed to fire the gun though. You could also try and find a RT on/off for the classic valve. You won't get the RT effect but it will make for a nice snappy trigger feel.

Find one with a retro valve if you can. They aren't much more than a classic valve. The retro valve will reduce the chance of short stroking due to its increased recharge rate.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.