Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: splash parts on ebay

Cyco-Dude Guest
    yeah, i was about to post this. looks half smart parts, half john gross. swe-crazy, is this a match for that splash mag you bought a while back?

Nothing to see here go on ....... Move Along Nothing To See Here ......

i picked up an eclipse sight rail, smart parts tourny lock, and bottom line off of him a few weeks ago that match these. if who ever wins these wants them let me know, id rather they be with a set than on my project.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by swe_crazy View Post
    Nothing to see here go on ....... Move Along Nothing To See Here ......
    hahaha, make sure your snipe bid is super-high! how rare that the matching parts would turn up like this? make sure he ships to sweden though

Rarely use the "snipe bid" I usually figure out what the object is worth, and if it is something I want / need. Then I add about 30% of the value or more.

While the foregrip, rail and barrel maybe original, the tank/drop/stock are not. If you look at the latter, you will see where the red looks almost marbleized on the finish. These parts were an attempt to duplicate the originals. I know the tank is fake for sure as they had a brass vale and the Smart Parts versions had on/off valves with a color matching knob and most if not all the tanks splashed, were 20'ozs.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    While the foregrip, rail and barrel maybe original, the tank/drop/stock are not. If you look at the latter, you will see where the red looks almost marbleized on the finish. These parts were an attempt to duplicate the originals. I know the tank is fake for sure as they had a brass vale and the Smart Parts versions had on/off valves with a color matching knob and most if not all the tanks splashed, were 20'ozs.
    you are mistaken. the rail, grip and barrel are regular smart parts splash kit affair. the other parts were likely done by john gross from florida paintball center (you can tell as his work had a distinct style). it certainly wasn't an attempt to match the sp design either; one is splash the other is splash / sponge. they are not "fake", they are just custom anodized parts. custom anodized parts that happen to match the anno of a certain automag recently acquired by a certain person from sweden.

You may call it what you want, but when somone calls the package rare and only 3 of the original parts actually are, the other 3 are custom, not rare. That was the point I was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    you are mistaken. the rail, grip and barrel are regular smart parts splash kit affair. the other parts were likely done by john gross from florida paintball center (you can tell as his work had a distinct style). it certainly wasn't an attempt to match the sp design either; one is splash the other is splash / sponge. they are not "fake", they are just custom anodized parts. custom anodized parts that happen to match the anno of a certain automag recently acquired by a certain person from sweden.

shhhhhh! everything = fake dont bid. små grodorna små grodorna!

shhhhhh! everything = fake dont bid. små grodorna små grodorna!

Små grodorna, små grodorna är lustiga att se.
    Ej öron, ej öron, ej svansar hava de.
    Kou ack ack ack, kou ack ack ack,
    kou ack ack ack ack kaa.
    Kou ack ack ack,
    kou ack ack ack,
    kou ack ack ack ack kaa.

SZ
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    This is AO, find/make/mod an alternative .

Are you looking to buy the crazy black splash parts, or the John Gross stuff, swe? The Gross parts match a Micromag I picked up not too long ago and I'm going to be bidding on this auction. If you only need the crazy black splash parts we can work something out where I buy and ship you those, or something like that.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    pretty sure the gross parts also match an automag swe picked up. looks like you two will have to duke it out! who has the deeper pockets?

You may call it what you want, but when somone calls the package rare and only 3 of the original parts actually are, the other 3 are custom, not rare. That was the point I was trying to make.
    dude, the gross parts are more rare than the smart parts splash, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by SPLATTER-ZONED View Post
    Kou ack ack ack, kou ack ack ack,
    kou ack ack ack ack kaa.

Kou ack ack ack,
    kou ack ack ack,
    kou ack ack ack ack kaa.

SZ

HAHAHAHAHA! You made my day

Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    Are you looking to buy the crazy black splash parts, or the John Gross stuff, swe? The Gross parts match a Micromag I picked up not too long ago and I'm going to be bidding on this auction. If you only need the crazy black splash parts we can work something out where I buy and ship you those, or something like that.
    So it was you who bought that Micromag. The sad thing is that I already started building a Automag with different parts of the one I bought ... and so popped this up. Are interested in everything. But he does not ship to Sweden.

My momma always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

So it was you who bought that Micromag.
    Which one are you talking about? I'm talking about this one from April: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...y-cheap-so-far

dude, the gross parts are more rare than the smart parts splash, ok?
    Thats debatable since having a custom anno on your gun does not make it a one of one, it makes it a custom piece. If the Company who made the gun released this particular anno one 1 gun, then it would be rare.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Thats debatable since having a custom anno on your gun does not make it a one of one, it makes it a custom piece. If the Company who made the gun released this particular anno one 1 gun, then it would be rare.
    wait, so if an anodizing company made a particular pattern for only one gun, it would be rare? so what makes the smart parts stuff rare in your eyes, as they made hundreds? is it because they're no longer available? in that case, i should point out the person responsible for the custom anno parts has retired, and the company is closed, so you'll never see them again. then the colors used were limited as well. i think that makes them rare. it seems you don't know what you're looking at...that's how rare they are. :P

anyway, i digress...kind of getting off-topic.

I'll be bidding also wife wants it :/

With all the bidding for these parts I feel like the seller is going to make out very well. Even if I had deep pockets, I'm not too sure if its worth running the price up against AO members. Feels like we're just hurting ourselves. But I may be bidding anyways as I have a build in mind.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
    With all the bidding for these parts I feel like the seller is going to make out very well. Even if I had deep pockets, I'm not too sure if its worth running the price up against AO members. Feels like we're just hurting ourselves. But I may be bidding anyways as I have a build in mind.
    honestly if you don't have the matching anno parts to go with what's there, i don't think there's a point.

Just a reminder, the Crazy Black SP splash parts will not match the stock/drop/tank. If anyone is planning to bid just to get the Crazy Black parts, PM me and we can work something out. I need the John Gross stuff.

Just a reminder, the Crazy Black SP splash parts will not match the stock/drop/tank. If anyone is planning to bid just to get the Crazy Black parts, PM me and we can work something out. I need the John Gross stuff.
    Think we need to talk.....

wait, so if an anodizing company made a particular pattern for only one gun, it would be rare?
    I meant the gun manufacturer.

Which one are you talking about? I'm talking about this one from April: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...y-cheap-so-far
    Cant see the pics, the one I talk about was on Craigslist...

Who won?

Who won?
    ^^^what he said....

I did...

Huh. I think I've got a rail that matches that tank. Got it from reebs here on AO if I remember right. He had it marked as a dust to splash fade. Was actually splash all the way through; someone had just spraybombed half of it flat black. I got all the paint off, but the anno/rail is kinda beat up.

If whomever of you guys picked up the lot needs the rail as a placeholder in a set until you pick up a nicer one, let me know and I'll set you up on the cheap. I really don't need the rail for anything otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Huh. I think I've got a rail that matches that tank. Got it from reebs here on AO if I remember right. He had it marked as a dust to splash fade. Was actually splash all the way through; someone had just spraybombed half of it flat black. I got all the paint off, but the anno/rail is kinda beat up.

If whomever of you guys picked up the lot needs the rail as a placeholder in a set until you pick up a nicer one, let me know and I'll set you up on the cheap. I really don't need the rail for anything otherwise.
    pm me some pics, thanks.