Thread: ult on pneu?

ult on pneu?

ult on pneu? rt and or classic valves?

the answer is "sometimes."

ULT's have not been known to work especially well on either pneu or classic setups, but you can find enough people who use them that way to make a plausible case for it. However, most can not get them to work without modding.

On a pneumag, many have said that the ULT does not provide enough "return" to keep it shooting smoothly. Even though the on/off is no longer directly linked to the trigger, it still has to reset the sear fast enough to keep up with your walkable trigger. However, you are going to find plenty of people who say it works fine.

However, on an RT valve, the ULT will just take away the reactivity. I like them in that use since I'm not a fan of the "RT" feel.
    Last edited by bowcycle; 09-11-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I like them in that use since I'm not a fan of the "RT" feel.
    Easy there, Tom can hear you, he can always hear you....

Honestly though, i don't see the benefit of using a ULT on a Pneumag. It won't make the trigger any lighter, it will only allow a slightly lower operating pressure for the pneumatics, which if you're doing that in the hopes of saving air, you'll only save maybe 30 shots.
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

Though ult is pretty much must if you do ePneu like Ego/Etek mag, and are using SMC S070C . Other wise pressure to trip the sear will be too high for the smc.

ult is not required for a pnue or ep setup. most will say the best option is the RT on/off as it is the most reliable. if you are running a xvalve you can run a ult but it needs to be setup correctly. if you are running a rt valve or classic valve run a rt on/off.

the reason people want to use the ult is because the lpr pressure can be lower. they make the mistake of adding to many shims and not getting the valve to reset properly. make sure that the bolt is properly tuned before you fiddle with the ult because it will cause some symptoms that will make you think your bolt is at fault when it is the ult. if you have questions ask, if it isnt shooting right ask. but you should ask the people that really know whats going on. bigevil, tuna, and there are several others but you want some one that has done it and trouble shooting before.

Just wanted to b sure I just picked up a z and have a Rt ult but was going to get rid of it if not needed....xvalves baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Though ult is pretty much must if you do ePneu like Ego/Etek mag, and are using SMC S070C . Other wise pressure to trip the sear will be too high for the smc.
    The little SMC will run at 70 psi. It should only take about 40 psi to push against the RT on/off. LPRs can have a lot of variations, sticking low and shutting off late. The tickler did that to me. Different o-rings and lubes would change it some, but not reliably. I've had a micro-rock running about 60 psi for years now, on an SMC. The extra pressure is for o-ring sticking, speed and spare force. I tried the tickler on a ULT once. It could trip when set at 20 psi, but the pneus weren't reliable at that low pressure and ended back up around 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    The little SMC will run at 70 psi. It should only take about 40 psi to push against the RT on/off. LPRs can have a lot of variations, sticking low and shutting off late. The tickler did that to me. Different o-rings and lubes would change it some, but not reliably. I've had a micro-rock running about 60 psi for years now, on an SMC. The extra pressure is for o-ring sticking, speed and spare force. I tried the tickler on a ULT once. It could trip when set at 20 psi, but the pneus weren't reliable at that low pressure and ended back up around 70.
    Hmm. I tried my smc with 60-65 psi (micro rock LPR) and regular rt on/off and it didn't trip reliably (did only trip occasionally). With ult it works just like it should. Go figure.

Hmm. I tried my smc with 60-65 psi (micro rock LPR) and regular rt on/off and it didn't trip reliably (did only trip occasionally). With ult it works just like it should. Go figure.
    There can be a good bit of friction around the sear. I tend to polish everything like the sear pin & hole and the back of the sear under the on/off pin. Also new o-rings in the on/off can be tight. Fortunately, I've only had to change out the on/off top o-ring on that marker since it got the SMC.

Oh, RT sear btw. But I'm happy with it with the ULT. So, unless something starts to go south I'm not going to start polishing stuff and trying to get the RT on/off to work.

Oh, RT sear btw. But I'm happy with it with the ULT. So, unless something starts to go south I'm not going to start polishing stuff and trying to get the RT on/off to work.
    For sure. I try not to mess with my happy mags at all.

it also depends where the ram is pushing to not just the output pressure of the lpr.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    it also depends where the ram is pushing to not just the output pressure of the lpr.
    Good point