Thread: Hydro test in Chicago

Hydro test in Chicago

I'd been looking for a trustworthy place in Chicago to hydro my paintball and scuba tank, and figured I'd share what I found. A place literally half a mile away from me (northwest side) has a great reputation, specializes in testing high pressure tanks, and works fast. Also priced very well compared to anywhere else I've found, paintball specific or otherwise. For anyone interested and local: US Fire & Safety, usfsco.com.

If you cant remove your own reg you are better off letting your local paintball pro shop do it.

I say that because the cheaper alternatives (fire extinguisher companies, and welding supply houses) will destroy your reg, gauges, and or burst disc.

Oh, I agree. If you don't have the tools or know how to use them, don't do it. That said, if a place doesn't know what they're doing they should be forthright enough to let you know. The tool to do it right is $50 here:

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Regul...l-Ninja-Empire

Here they explain how to use it, and offer a cheap/free alternative method to remove your reg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2KrUP46v0

I just moose it by hand with a strap wrench on the tank. I figure flesh isn't strong enough to mess anything up. Having ape hands helps though.
    Last edited by UncleStasiu; 09-24-2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Someday, I'll get a thought out without spraying crumbs or spelling incorrectly.

we always recommend that when you get a hydro you rebuild or replace the reg as they will wear out over time.

I recommend Ninja Paintball for your hydrotesting needs - Ray and his team got me all sorted out before Living Legends.

Er... I actually called you guys about this, looking to just drop it off to save on shipping as I'm in Chicago. Since I was also looking to hydro a scuba tank, which you don't test, recommendation was to take both to a local welding supply, scuba shop, or extinguisher place. I wasn't told anything about rebuilding the reg, (it's a Ninja,) and was told that I can just go ahead and go local since that's easier/cheaper than shipping.

Not trying to step on your toes with this, either. I love your product, have 2 Ninja tanks, and just last night bought a third from the PBX store in Skokie. Just figured I'd share a good place for those in Chicago who are more technical with maintaining their gear and might find it easier to drive a mile or 2 rather than packing up to ship and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleStasiu View Post
    Er... I actually called you guys about this, looking to just drop it off to save on shipping as I'm in Chicago. Since I was also looking to hydro a scuba tank, which you don't test, recommendation was to take both to a local welding supply, scuba shop, or extinguisher place. I wasn't told anything about rebuilding the reg, (it's a Ninja,) and was told that I can just go ahead and go local since that's easier/cheaper than shipping.

Not trying to step on your toes with this, either. I love your product, have 2 Ninja tanks, and just last night bought a third from the PBX store in Skokie. Just figured I'd share a good place for those in Chicago who are more technical with maintaining their gear and might find it easier to drive a mile or 2 rather than packing up to ship and all that.
    did not take offense and always willing to share info with others.

who ever talked to you should have mentioned that but if it was a quick call they may not have.

we can do a scuba but it has to be made after 1992 - and it is recommend that you have them eddy current tested also.