Thread: Newbie

Hi all~ My daughter just acquired an old 68 Automag. I was told it needed new "O" rings. I can't find anyone local to put them on, and test the gun. Can I send it to AGD to be repaired/checked? I don't want her to use it, unless it's all in working order. Thanks!

There are multiple o-rings that could need replacing. I'm not sure if AGD still does general repairs. You may want to contact Tunamart.

or you could just ask one of the guys on here to do it for you (probably cheaper than Tuna).

I would put it up in the WTB forum and then check for someone who has good feedback or a high post count.

What city are you in? Or around.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    you could call agd up and just ask them. or, you can buy an o-ring kit for $20 and change them yourself. here is a troubleshooting video and here is the valve exploded diagram.

get a kit from either AGD or Tuna and just follow the instructions in the video, its so simple it will drive you nuts when you miss something and there is plenty of help on here if you need it. it will be easier if you have a dental pick or something similar. the only one you don't change is the one on the power tube tip unless its broken. and welcome to the mag family

Step one. Put some oil in it. 3or4 drops. I suggest air tool oil. Never use wd 40!
    2 hold trigger back and air it up.
    3 release trigger and listen for leaks.try shooting it a few times, get the oil through it. and listen for leaks.
    4 consult videos for trouble shooting. if you hear any leaks.
    5 ask lots of questions on AO. we're happy to help. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
    6 enjoy your new addiction.
    But watch the vids several times so you can understand whats causing a leaks. It's really kinda dirt simple, cause TK put all the thought into it when he made the vids. And keep in mind, your new family is here and only a post away.
    Last edited by Runamok; 09-29-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Quote Originally Posted by LJDesigns View Post
    Hi all~ My daughter just acquired an old 68 Automag. I was told it needed new "O" rings. I can't find anyone local to put them on, and test the gun. Can I send it to AGD to be repaired/checked? I don't want her to use it, unless it's all in working order. Thanks!
    I'm surprised no one congratulated you and your daughter for your fine taste in paintball guns, particularly when there is so much flash available on the market nowadays.

But like all these other guys said, it will be a great learning experience for both of you to just grab the o-ring kit from AGD or tunamart and walk through the overhaul yourself. Even with no experience, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to completely take down the valve and replace all the o-rings, provided you get yourself a dental pick or some really fine tweezers (maybe raid the cosmetics or sewing kit at home?).

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    I'm surprised no one congratulated you and your daughter for your fine taste in paintball guns, particularly when there is so much flash available on the market nowadays.
    after reading the op a second time just now, that's what i was thinking! ha!

as for the o-ring pick, i got a set from sears for like $6. the different shapes come in handy.