Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New R/T Mag Owner

Running a Myth reg set to 850 psi on a 68/4500 stubby tank. Well so long as it shoots I'll be happy for now. Since I kind of like the way it feels and the possibilities for creating something that suits my style out of all the parts available I may just end up buying a SHP tank from Ninja down the road.

I have 6 rt classics and each one has a different bounce off the same tank, some are almost too reactive and others wont hardly bounce at all off of a 1200 psi regulator. sear rod adjustment is the second most critical component to make one bounce that I have found. the level 10 requires you to screw the back of the valve in more to make it work and mine pretty much quits working around 1000 psi left in the tank.

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    I have 6 rt classics and each one has a different bounce off the same tank
    Good collection of RT's! Got any pics of that stable?

Vintage reminded me. On off pin lingth matters a lot. Most are 0.750. Mine is actually 0.744. So that could be a big part of the difference in rt effect.

[QUOTE=Konigballer;2872884]Good collection of RT's! Got any pics of that stable?[/QUOTE

shortly i hope, thats only half of the stable though.

Can I adjust the pin length? I looks like it is threaded.

Quote Originally Posted by WholemealDrop View Post
    Can I adjust the pin length? I looks like it is threaded.
    You are probably talking about sear rod?

This is on/off pin. Adjustment happens by slowly grinding it down.. Or you can just order the length you want from Tuna.

Yes. A shorter on off pin will give more reactivity. BUT its a fine line getting the reactivity you want. And making it uncontrollable. My personal classic rt has always had a 0.744 pin.

Ok loads I don't know/understand then. How would I go about tuning my Classic RT to RT better? I know SHP would probably be the simplest way to go about it making it more reactive but I don't have the funds to buy a new tank or reg.

Safest, and probably easiest as well, would be buying few different sizes from Tuna. At very least I would get a backup pin in case you shortened the current too far and got uncontrollable valve.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Ok loads I don't know/understand then. How would I go about tuning my Classic RT to RT better?
    ...by increasing the output pressure of the tank, is the proper way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    ...by increasing the output pressure of the tank, is the proper way to do it.
    Yes that is correct. I wouldn't have brought up the pin at all if someone else hadn't commented on multiple RTS that all act different. The pin is a major culprit in that. But is most deffinately not considered a standard method of gaining rt effect. Personally I would not wasn't a shorter pin than what I have now. To many potential problems can come with a short pin.

Ok I figured the proper way would be upping my input pressure but 850 is what I have to work with now. Guess I'll just have to sell stuff or save up and buy a new tank.

Ok I figured the proper way would be upping my input pressure but 850 is what I have to work with now. Guess I'll just have to sell stuff or save up and buy a new tank.
    If your tank is still ok, you can just put the SHP reg on it. Unless it's a 3k tank.

... and mine pretty much quits working around 1000 psi left in the tank.
    If you mean the way the RT quits, I really like that feature. When you are really pushing paint, it makes a good "low level" alarm. Then you have a hundred or two rounds before empty that you can try to defend yourself with or get a replacement when you have a nice spot (which is why you were going through the paint anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    If your tank is still ok, you can just put the SHP reg on it. Unless it's a 3k tank.
    ya but it isn't my tank. Borrowing it long term from a buddy when he upgraded to a Ninja SL when those came out. Going to get a 68/45 SL with the Pro reg and a SHP reg eventually. Would regular mags still want SHP? Such as an X-Valve? Don't overly care if I have crazy RT all the time. A nice mech setup will do me fine or I might new a Pnuemag.

My wife uses a 850psi output crossfire tank on her RTPro with level X without a problem. (RTP, retro, emag, x valve all work the exact same). It doesn't have the rt effect my classic rt valve has. But its nothing to shake a stick at. My classic rt on my gun I feed with 850psi from a ninja pro V2 reg. It has more rt than her mag. But it also has a shorter on off pin.

If you have shoot down with a 850psi reg then my guess is its because the reg has poor flow capability. Not so much because of the psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    If you mean the way the RT quits, I really like that feature. When you are really pushing paint, it makes a good "low level" alarm. Then you have a hundred or two rounds before empty that you can try to defend yourself with or get a replacement when you have a nice spot (which is why you were going through the paint anyway).
    no, it just flat wont fire

no, it just flat wont fire
    That's odd. My classic rt will fire down to about 600psi. But once its below set pressure its reactivity and distance start going down. So I know to ration shots from there on out. When I had a 1k input it was real nice. Had buffer room. Now with less than 900 input my buffer is a lot smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    My wife uses a 850psi output crossfire tank on her RTPro with level X without a problem. (RTP, retro, emag, x valve all work the exact same). It doesn't have the rt effect my classic rt valve has. But its nothing to shake a stick at. My classic rt on my gun I feed with 850psi from a ninja pro V2 reg. It has more rt than her mag. But it also has a shorter on off pin.

If you have shoot down with a 850psi reg then my guess is its because the reg has poor flow capability. Not so much because of the psi.
    I use it on everything though from my Marq Rapper, cockers, Tippmanns (with and without RT), and various pumps no issues ever.

Curious what I would need to take this back to stock. I know I'm not far from it. What else would I need besides an RT sight rail? What type of ASA did these come stock with? And I'm torn, I like the chunky AGD grips it has but really don't like composite frames. Is there an aluminum version that would take these grips or would switching to a different single trigger frame be a good idea?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Curious what I would need to take this back to stock. I know I'm not far from it. What else would I need besides an RT sight rail? What type of ASA did these come stock with? And I'm torn, I like the chunky AGD grips it has but really don't like composite frames. Is there an aluminum version that would take these grips or would switching to a different single trigger frame be a good idea?
    it would need the dust black aluminum sight rail, and the rt foregrip. they did not come with asas; it had a beefy cast 90-degree elbow and a male quick-disconnect fitting in the foregrip. it's not very practical though, so i just use the agd bottom bottle adapter. to connect it to the foregrip you can use two elbows and a 7" stainless hose, or two elbows, a quick-disconnect and a 5.5" stainless hose.

the composite frames are very strong, and are the lightest frames agd has. agd lifted a small car with one of those frames to demonstrate their strength lol.

So the RT Classic game with the RT grip not a bike grip?

So the RT Classic game with the RT grip not a bike grip?
    Here is my personal RT. The Y was not stock. Or the barrel. But the hardliners/for grip/sight rail/Ect is OEM from its original purchase.

Pretty sure the only thing I've ever done to this marker is change grip frames, barrels, and air system. It even still has a level 7 bolt and its original rt on off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 10-23-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Ok cool. I like the look of the RT foregrip better anyway.

Ok cool. I like the look of the RT foregrip better anyway.
    It is very comfortable. And I love its look. That's why it stays. The rubber actually turns. On mine at least. And 99% or the time its at a 45° angle offset to the right. So comfy for my left hand. But if you go shopping for an original for grip make sure you are looking for a classic rt one. Them and the RTP actually have a few differences. The biggest being that the RTP for grip is NOT gas thru. Also the classic rt sightrail is more of a solid AL. Unlike the RTP that had a stamped SS one. In case you go looking for that as well.

Good to know thanks guys. On the hunt for a RT foregrip and sightrail now along with an AGD ASA

Finally had a chance to take it out. Holy cow this thing is fun! Need to get a new elbow though, one seller provided is cracking.

PTP makes a very nice elbow that is pretty indestructible. I think its Allen PB or maybe Bacci that has one as well. The cheap clear plastic ones put bluntly suck.

http://www.proteamdirect.com/arprofel.html

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i'll agree with that; i use pro-feed elbows exclusively. but, they can't really fit loaders with fat necks (halo, rotor, vmax). i do have a halo that barely fits, but the neck was sanded down quite a bit.

app has one, but you have to use hose clamps on it, which looks ugly in my opinion.