Thread: I have a issue.

I have a issue.

So I bought another gun. No surprise there. Actually don't know what I'm gonna do with it. Plans have changed. But the seller had held it for me so I felt obligated.

So I started thinking what can I do with a $75 Automag to make it perfect, came up with a wishlist of parts you end up with a $1210 automag ........Completely out of my budget unfortunately. So this ones gonna stay simple.

Automagitis is a disease and is incurable.

So for fun since Im board. I want to see what you would do to the mag if you had bought it and could do anything. Must keep atleast one part. Assume the removed parts have no resale value to simplify everything.

So this is my theoretical build list.
    So if you take a cheap $75 Automag

Have
    Luke's Rail (From 75$ mag)
    Sear & pin (From 75$ mag)
    Macro fitting (from 75$ mag)
    Vavle & frame retaining screws (from 75$ mag)
    VER Frame New been sitting in a box unused for a couple years $485

Need to get
    XMT CF ULE Minimag $250
    Luke CF Foregrip $45
    Black Xvalve $200
    DW CF Barrel $90
    PE POPS Asa $65
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Keep from $75 mag
    Valve and frame screws
    barrel bag

Need to purchase
    XMT Shockwave body, $350-400?
    ULEd Emag lowers with Xmod, $300ish
    CCM marco fittings, $30
    CP Direct Mount ASA, $40
    Custom anodizing, $500
    X-Valve, $250
    Inception barrel kit, 4 back sizes and 1 front, $180

So basically I'm looking at about a $1775 mag, and $75 of that was for 2 screws and a barrel bag.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    Keep from $75 mag
    Valve and frame screws
    barrel bag

Need to purchase
    XMT Shockwave body, $350-400?
    ULEd Emag lowers with Xmod, $300ish
    CCM marco fittings, $30
    CP Direct Mount ASA, $40
    Custom anodizing, $500
    X-Valve, $250
    Inception barrel kit, 4 back sizes and 1 front, $180

So basically I'm looking at about a $1775 mag, and $75 of that was for 2 screws and a barrel bag.
    lol, nice. Now buy a few screws from AGD and put the original back together.

If it were me and I needed a shooter, I'd add:

CP rail and on/off ASA for say, $40
    bike grip, $25 maybe? Not sure what they cost
    Parabolic feed plug if it doesn't have one $5
    then a cocker barrel adapter to use kits: $25
    Then a Revvy to top it all off: $25

Total would be $195 for a solid little recball machine. Still not that great of a deal haha

Wood Smart Parts grips
    VL Foregrip
    Revvy
    SS Dye Automag barrel

Yeah!
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

I'd ditch the frame and rail, and put a demon series frame on it

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post

So for fun since Im board. I want to see what you would do to the mag if you had bought it and could do anything. Must keep atleast one part. Assume the removed parts have no resale value to simplify everything.

So this is my theoretical build list.
    So if you take a cheap $75 Automag

Have
    Luke's Rail (From 75$ mag)
    Sear & pin (From 75$ mag)
    Macro fitting (from 75$ mag)
    Vavle & frame retaining screws (from 75$ mag)
    VER Frame New been sitting in a box unused for a couple years $485

Need to get
    XMT CF ULE Minimag $250
    Luke CF Foregrip $45
    Black Xvalve $200
    DW CF Barrel $90
    PE POPS Asa $65
    I actually put together a very similar set up just as an example to someone of what could be done to create a lightweight E-Mag and was sort of sorry I didn't keep it in this configuration. Was actually light as balls and would have been a hoot to take out onto the field.

1.9 lbs.....

You could take it as-is to the field next time you play and find some 10-13 year old renter who seems really into the game. Then make his day by giving him a piece of paintball history that will keep working until he can afford his next one.

Doesn't seem like you need yet another paintball gun, and all the other options are more expensive than sucking up the $75 loss.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    what would i do with it...completely disassemble and clean the valve; replace any o-rings that need replacing. wash and dry all parts. put it together, take it to the field and have fun! sell any parts not needed; buy a lvl 10 bolt (or sell the valve and get a nice x-valve?). replace the duckbill and stainless hose with a cp rail & on/off asa and macroline. probably get a simple foregrip (viewloader is nice, but the ebay price is stupid high now) and aluminum lapco barrel and leave it.

I'm not sure I like the look of the VER on that rail, but to each their own. Considering you are a mag person already, and parts will always somehow become another gun at some point, maybe swap the rail for a stock one out of the parts pile we all know you have, flip it for $50 to someone looking to get in on the addiction cheap, and put the luke rail in the parts box, at some point to resurface as part of another build later. A net $25 Luke rail wouldn't be a bad pickup.

. . . and I just checked in on ebay for those foregrips. Wow; I picked up a pile of them when they were dirt cheap with free shipping. I might have to let some back into the wild if the supply is getting that lean. I guess with PTP firesaled out, there isn't much else left on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    I'm not sure I like the look of the VER on that rail, but to each their own. Considering you are a mag person already, and parts will always somehow become another gun at some point, maybe swap the rail for a stock one out of the parts pile we all know you have, flip it for $50 to someone looking to get in on the addiction cheap, and put the luke rail in the parts box, at some point to resurface as part of another build later. A net $25 Luke rail wouldn't be a bad pickup.

. . . and I just checked in on ebay for those foregrips. Wow; I picked up a pile of them when they were dirt cheap with free shipping. I might have to let some back into the wild if the supply is getting that lean. I guess with PTP firesaled out, there isn't much else left on the market.
    Yeah Keith have to agree with ^

Send me the VER and i will put on something nicer. Have a nice M86 frame i can trade you, so you won't be out a frame

Seriously, if you are going for a light as balls setup, you almost nailed it. The only thing i would change is the foregrip into a 15° to the barrel, since it's more comfortable with a 90° frame, IMO.