Thread: OPBN is bored/Who wants to Photoshop?/Color my marker/

OPBN is bored/Who wants to Photoshop?/Color my marker/

It's December which means business is relatively slow and I am bored. Just finishing up piecing my latest pump project together and this is what I have so far:

Name:  DSCN8957.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  91.6 KB

I am mulling over ano colors but I don't have photoshop or the patience to get it and learn how to use it so any help would be appreciated and heck who knows maybe this will be fun for someone?

I am leaning towards a Lime green/polished black and carbon fiber theme. Something along the lines of the green on the back portion of this marker:

However, I am open to suggestions.

If anyone wants to color it, I would appreciate it. If you have other ideas and someone is able to get some renderings of it, that would be awesome as well. I would love to see some ideas for ano or coloring. I have to be very honest that in the end I will most likely just go with solid colors due to $$$ as I really can't afford (or even if I could) a $400 anodizing job.

I hope someone will have fun with it.

I can post up bigger/better pics if needed, just LMK.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by OPBN; 12-03-2014 at 09:37 AM.

I'll take a stab at it when I get a chance. Any ideas of what parts you would want to see black or lime green? Is the X-valve being redone?
    Last edited by Bunny; 12-06-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I'll take a stab at it when I get a chance. Any ideas of what parts you would want to see black or lime green? Is the X-valve being redone?
    Well, obviously the barrel isn't getting changed, so kind of work off of that. I am planning on getting the valve anodized possibly, if not I may end up just stripping it and polishing it up very nicely. Mainly because the only person I trust to ano the valve is Caustic and he is out of my price range. The valve is scratched though, so something has to be done with it or I could also swap it out with a nicer one from another marker if needed. Basically I am open. I would kind of like to not have to anodize the on/off asa, but it also doesn't fit into the scheme either. Originally my plan was for a black base with silver splash and lime green sponge so the asa fit into the scheme. If I just go solid colors I might just swap out the on/off for a polished black one. I could also get carbon fiber panels maybe so that's an option as well.

Again, I am totally open to idea and would love to see some renditions of different ideas. I love the milling on this rail so that has to be visible in the finished product.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    you could just do a simple two-tone: lime green clamp on the feedneck (the base would be left alone), lime green rail, frame and that piece the pump guide rail screws into (maybe even do the guide rail as well? is it aluminum?). gloss black trigger, gloss black gas-thru, swap the asa for gloss black. gloss black or carbon grip frame panels. lime green ccm macroline fittings.

it's not as fancy as a splash, but the rail milling would stand out a lot better with just a solid color i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    you could just do a simple two-tone: lime green clamp on the feedneck (the base would be left alone), lime green rail, frame and that piece the pump guide rail screws into (maybe even do the guide rail as well? is it aluminum?). gloss black trigger, gloss black gas-thru, swap the asa for gloss black. gloss black or carbon grip frame panels. lime green ccm macroline fittings.

it's not as fancy as a splash, but the rail milling would stand out a lot better with just a solid color i think.
    Yeah, that would look good. The pump mount is aluminum. Would probably do it black. The body and valve really need to be redone as both are scratched up pretty heavily. I got them both cheap with the intentions of reanodizing them.

Splash it with neon green, hot pink and electric blue. You want to be noticed, everyone will see that anno.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Splash it with neon green, hot pink and electric blue. You want to be noticed, everyone will see that anno.
    Not sure where you are getting that from? Never said I wanted to get noticed. If you look at my "collection", I actually tend towards polished black. I was just looking for a nice tasteful ano job and wanting to have a little fun while at it. Thanks for your input though.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Not sure where you are getting that from? Never said I wanted to get noticed. If you look at my "collection", I actually tend towards polished black. I was just looking for a nice tasteful ano job and wanting to have a little fun while at it. Thanks for your input though.
    Black on black is boring. If you want to get it anno'd, then go all out. Get something that you like and will take your breath away every time you pull it out. My answer is more of you asked for an opinion, and i gave you one, cause the paintball world needs another black anno'd gun.

Black on black is boring. If you want to get it anno'd, then go all out. Get something that you like and will take your breath away every time you pull it out. My answer is more of you asked for an opinion, and i gave you one, cause the paintball world needs another black anno'd gun.
    Veering way off course, but ok. I am not looking for a carnival wagon, just a nice tasteful ano job for anyone else wanting to contribute.

Here is my rough draft so far. I just finished building the template so I can start to change around the color. If you have a handful of ideas feel free to post them up. I.E Grips black, etc. It starts to get crazy with how many configurations and choices you can do.

Last edited by Bunny; 12-06-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Bunny's photoshop skills crush mine.

Boo.

But I can see how you'd like all black. Just because it's the only thing I can do.

On a side note, how do you wholesale change the color on a layer without an overlay that ruins the detail, Bunny? I'm completely self-taught in Illustrator, and the skills don't exactly transfer in Photoshop.

Name:  OPBN_All_Black.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  117.3 KBName:  OPBN_Green_Fade.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  123.8 KBName:  OPBN_Green_Splash.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  132.2 KB

Matters of taste. I've never been partial for the jarring color choices. Too much like the 80's neon color craze, didn't like it even back then.

Black on other hand is always stylish and enhances nice milling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Here is my rough draft so far. I just finished building the template so I can start to change around the color. If you have a handful of ideas feel free to post them up. I.E Grips black, etc. It starts to get crazy with how many configurations and choices you can do.

I do like the color. Black rail and probably CF grip panels. Maybe do an alternating color think like on CCM markers.

MOTY3
    Borrowing from Bunny's pic and adding.

"It's not easy being green"
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

I like it. A lot. Thanks guys.

OPBN: Last night I was putting together a few more ideas about basic colors for your build and had the idea to use a screen capture program to make a video of the color changing instead. It would save me a lot of time so I figured I would give it a try.

By any chance do you see the video below? If you can, hover over it and click it to play.

LOL. That's pretty awesome.. Lot's of sexiness going on around 18-19 seconds. Might make me rethink things.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Borrowing from Bunny's pic and adding.

^^^^ this is what I'd like to do, or in purple^^^^

-grub

OPBN: who do you trust to anodize your markers? I've got a project in the pipeline--needs some pieces to be color matched to a purple ULE body.

I'm also entertaining a sponge or splatter effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceSV View Post
    OPBN: who do you trust to anodize your markers? I've got a project in the pipeline--needs some pieces to be color matched to a purple ULE body.

I'm also entertaining a sponge or splatter effect.
    I have only had a couple done and they were all solid colors. AnoTech did a couple and they did a good job.