Thread: Level 10 question

Level 10 question

I shot my mag today and noticed an issue. Everytime the level 10 kicked in it broke the ball. It seems like the bolt is hitting the balls to hard and cracking them. It only happened occasionally while RTing but everytime the level 10 kicked in the ball broke and caused a mess.

I was using a SHP reg, after I switched to my 800psi Ninja tank I didn't have any issues, I also wasn't getting much RT. I also didn't have the level 10 kick on.

I'm running a gold spring and the 1 line carrier. The 1.5 carrier leaks.

Is there anything besides using a red spring that I can do. Would the even longer spring help.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    yes, the stronger the spring, the more it will resist the forward movement of the bolt. thus, the bolt hits the ball softer. the downside is, you have to increase chamber pressure (increase velocity) so the pressure can overcome that additional spring force. if you're already chrono'd at 280 fps (or whatever your field limit is) with the gold spring, then you likely won't be able to use a stiffer / longer spring without going over the limit.

swap the gold spring for the red one, and see if you can chrono at what you need to be at following proper procedure for a reactive valve. also, if you stick your finger in the breech, you should feel the difference between the gold and red springs.

I switched over to the red spring and had to turn the velocity adjuster in slightly to get it to shoot correctly. There is still a little room left to turn it in and it looks like it is shooting at field velocity, possible a little high, so I should be good. I could definitely feel the difference when putting my finger in the breach. I also half loaded a few balls and none of them broke.

Thanks for the help.