Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ULE Body with snap on stock class feed tube?

Looks great. Love the idea and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    looks ready to field test. i'll volunteer as a beta tester!

i will say that i like the look of the first one better than the second one though. the girth of the upper diameter seems massive and sort of degrades the sex appeal of the trim stock class mag. it also still seems to me that you need something further back to prevent twist and also to compensate for downward pressure applied to the top of the CCI feed tube towards where you'd feed the balls in. repeated wiggling or downward bumps on that part of the tube seems like it might degrade the threading on the clip mount to the point that it's useless and no longer holds the feed tube sufficiently.

that said, i get that the whole thing needs to be pretty beefy to stand up to game after game.
    noted. and working on the final of this.
    I will include a buffer for the rear of the cci tube. so there is downward force resistance.
    ill work on aesthetics when I get fit finished.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrtk View Post
    Looks great. Love the idea and execution.
    thanks,
    these types of support really help.

I'm following this thread, and will get a Power feed body version when available...

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    I'm following this thread, and will get a Power feed body version when available...
    ima start a list. if that's ok with everyone

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    ima start a list. if that's ok with everyone
    Sign me up for two for ULE bodies, and one for a PFR/HL body if it gets made. I just don't know how you'd keep that one from sliding forward and backward, since the body shape is the same all the way up and down. But if you do it, I'm signed up.

Also, if there's a choice on material, I'd go for the stuff you made the first proto out of (kevlar impregnated) rather than the flashy red. It's just that my markers are all black and silver.

Also, let me know if there will be a difference between feed necks that take CCI tubes and those that you can just stick a 10rd tube directly in to. If there is a diff, I might mix up my order.

Sign me up for two for ULE bodies, and one for a PFR/HL body if it gets made. I just don't know how you'd keep that one from sliding forward and backward, since the body shape is the same all the way up and down. But if you do it, I'm signed up.

Also, if there's a choice on material, I'd go for the stuff you made the first proto out of (kevlar impregnated) rather than the flashy red. It's just that my markers are all black and silver.

Also, let me know if there will be a difference between feed necks that take CCI tubes and those that you can just stick a 10rd tube directly in to. If there is a diff, I might mix up my order.
    ill make both, a threaded one and a push on with an oring slot in it to hold the tube in,
    the red is just for proto, the fiber black that I was using before seems to be what ill end up using to get this out to the public.

on the note of the powerfeed bodies, ill need to figure out how to keep it from sliding forward and back .
    ill figure it out when I get there.

I would take on with either a cram jam or taking the 10 round tube directly actually would prefer the later.

working on a functioning proto now.
    who can test this for me ASAP?
    I can do it but its around 0* on average, when I am able to actually test, so cold is not good for me

this looks like the design im going to roll with
    for both the cram and jam and feed tube type feed.

so what do you guys think?
    I can make a video to show how well it clamps down. let me know if anyone wants to see that.
    or it there are any spects you would like me to test and video it.

Hard to say, I think the color is messing with me! lol. Seriously though, if it works... Is it possible to taper the "legs" so that they run back into the body at the bottom. That and the square cutout around the breach would look better if it had a radius in each corner. Not sure if either of those are really feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Hard to say, I think the color is messing with me! lol. Seriously though, if it works... Is it possible to taper the "legs" so that they run back into the body at the bottom. That and the square cutout around the breach would look better if it had a radius in each corner. Not sure if either of those are really feasible.
    anything can be done,
    the radius is fesable.

the running back into the body I don't understand what you mean

So that they are tapered and get thinner as the reach the bottom of the body.

yeah
    but there is a fine balance in strength....
    meaning more taper the less the circle wants to stay a circle around the body.

but I sure can see what I can do.

my different material after it is left to sit get super strong im very impressed so I may take this design to its limits tomorrow and see how stiff it actually stays around the body.

Just a little cosmetic thing to the same point as the tapering:

It might be awesome if you could make the interior angles (where the clip arms join the tube holder portion) filleted instead of on a hard 90° angle. That might help the look of the arms, and it might even result in a slightly tighter fit.

I'm ready to test either version. LMK how I can help.

Yeah I hear ya I'm trying to "glove" those contours.
    Different color
    Just for the ones who don't like the red.
    It I'm testing a print right now to see if I can get the fillets right.

i just noticed that the angle of the rear clip looks like it's almost identical to the angle of the front body cut. It'd be only cosmetic, but it might be cool to make the front edge also follow the same contour, kinda like the old shark gill sight rails.

Good luck gloving the contours. That looks like a not so easy task, given the multiple angles of fillet going on there. Do you have a CAD file for a ULE body you could pull them off?

Where's the 3D scanner when we need it...

i just noticed that the angle of the rear clip looks like it's almost identical to the angle of the front body cut. It'd be only cosmetic, but it might be cool to make the front edge also follow the same contour, kinda like the old shark gill sight rails.

Good luck gloving the contours. That looks like a not so easy task, given the multiple angles of fillet going on there. Do you have a CAD file for a ULE body you could pull them off?

Where's the 3D scanner when we need it...
    yeah a "GOOD" 3D scanner would help a lot.

no I do not have a ULE body with the contours. I have my body designs, but not one with the ULE contours.

the 3D printer has craped the bed. im working on getting it fixed.
    but I have no idea why it has done what it is doing.
    this may be a fatal blow. not sure yet.

Oh man......we were so close

I hope the problem is only temporary, seems like you mentioned getting this printer not too long ago.

I would enjoy two for ULE bodies, although haven't decided cram jam vs 10 rd tubes. I hope you can fix the printer.
    Last edited by barkingspider; 01-25-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Oh man......we were so close

I home the problem is only temperary, seems like you mentioned getting this printer not too long ago.

I would enjoy two for ULE bodies, although haven't decided cram jam vs 10 rd tubes. I hope you can fix the printer.
    working on it more tommorw.
    I hope I can fix it, if not I have new nozzles coming in, so that should fix it.

its a clog, just no support on how to fix this more than what I have found.

the replacement nozzle should fix it.
    here is hoping.

Nice work, man

I mocked up the mag I was going use a powerfeed version on. It was at that time I realized it wouldn't work. My feed hole on the body is on the right side, same side as the valve air port. it wouldn't have clearance for the cram and jam.

So, I'll have to do this on a ULE body after all. Please move my purchase intent from powerfeed style to ULE style.

thanks

I mocked up the mag I was going use a powerfeed version on. It was at that time I realized it wouldn't work. My feed hole on the body is on the right side, same side as the valve air port. it wouldn't have clearance for the cram and jam.

So, I'll have to do this on a ULE body after all. Please move my purchase intent from powerfeed style to ULE style.

thanks
    I could always angle the tube up instead of parallel with the body?

Reverse valve?

Also, I would be interested in one for ULE as well if its available in black. Maybe red, but black definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Reverse valve?

Also, I would be interested in one for ULE as well if its available in black. Maybe red, but black definitely.
    yeah reverse valve was my thought too.
    I just ordered some black material
    working on the final design. to get the fillets worked out around the feed hole.

this way I can be more ready when the printer is fixed.

no thanks, I prefer it parallel with body.

no thanks, I prefer it parallel with body.
    maybe I can design something to tailor to what you need
    the base design is done.

maybe I can design something to tailor to what you need
    the base design is done.
    maybe something like your snap on with a tiny bit of powerfeed action would work? that way you could bring the horizontal feed back to right on top, even if it dropped into a cut powerfeed body.

Thanks for the offer to design something specific.
    But, I'm good with what you got going on so far. I'll continue to monitor your progress.
    If you still need a beta tester, I'll be out at the field more often now, so I could report results in a timely manner.