Thread: RT Effect...

RT Effect...

Hi everyone,

Not really sure if this is Tech related, but I recently picked up an RT Classic. The previous owner had it running 1100psi and RTing like crazy. It's definitely awesome, but for the field that I play at, Not realistic. I have an 800-850 output tank, and need to get a reg for my other tank. I was thinking about the SHP, but running it at 950psi. Just curious how the gun will handle at that pressure. Will it have a little more bounce, but not crazy like at 1100psi? I wouldn't mind it being a little more bouncy, especially since I will be using a single trigger frame most of the time.

Thanks everyone!!! and Happy holidays!!

Not every valve rts the same but the higher the input the more it will rt so dropping the input will lessen the rt effect. Trial and error will tell you where you like it.

if the pressure change doesn't get it check your on/off pin length. someone might have put a shorter than stock one in it.

All true, but you're on the right track. 950 will make about 14 bps on three of my mags. 1100 usually does 19-20 on the same mags. And the lower pressure RT is more controllable.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    if the pressure change doesn't get it check your on/off pin length. someone might have put a shorter than stock one in it.
    a shorter on/off pin would increase the rt effect.