Thread: has anyone seen these before?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    yep, know a guy that has six of them or something...never got to use them last year. maybe this year...

These were a new thing 10 or 15 years ago. Never caught on b/c there's really just not too many playing nighttime paintball.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    These were a new thing 10 or 15 years ago. Never caught on b/c there's really just not too many playing nighttime paintball.
    around here in the summer its one way to beat the heat but I don't know if anyone still does it.

Tried many times to play nightball and/or woodsball , and without some sort night vision ,(gen 3 is the best ) you spend more time looking at what to NOT to trip over,or get entangled with on the field , then actually playing . Then you do the old " bump into players and not know whose team they are on "trick ! LOL
    So basically these glow in the dark P.Balls looks very cool, but in my opinion , only as an add-on to some sort of night vision .( by which @ this point ,you wont need them)
    Obviously , there are variables to this , like playing in a rec-ball field under a full moon ,etc,.....

I would still like to try & experiment with these ,to test how bright a ball could be coming out @ 250-280fps ,to then get instantly illuminated enough to trace your shots

20 years ago we would play limited paint on a field with one yard light in the middle of it. it gave off enough light that you could about 3/4 of the field and have the ends and edges in shadows with the 6 ft wooden spools to hide behind also, even with a clear shell and white fill it was still a guess on where you were hitting at time.

I had a cool idea for Decay of Nations's night games. Everyone should wear raver style glow sticks on their masks, back and front. 2 different colors for 2 different teams of course. Otherwise, I felt like I was shooting into the night carnival scene of Apocalypse Now.

I have a few of these. To make the special paintballs glow well, you need to group them with one of the charging hoppers or make your own. Ricochet AK (gravity feed) or Reloader Nite/Halo B2 Nite loader (force feed) are the only two hoppers, to my knowledge, made for night play with charging black light LED built into the hopper. There still are halo parts out there were you can add some simple black light LEDs to existing shells and spray paint the inside reflective chrome. I do believe the led boards are still available from iisports, where it's fairly easy to install in modern halo shells. You need the muzzle flash and the charging hopper to get it to work fairly well. The paintballs that we've purchase seem to be a little harder she'll material. The flash muzzle has a twist tightening collar to mount on the end of the barrel, but it seems to require a large OD barrel to keep it on straight.

I use to play in some old warehouses in Buffalo with them and had a blast. Our family has a few and have also played around. Truly fun, but hard to find the hoppers.

Here is a picture of the halo B hoppers we added the LED boards into.

Here is the gravity feed ricochet AK hopper commercially made for the glow balls.

Last edited by barkingspider; 01-11-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Here is the board that is cheap if anyone wants a project during the winter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halo-Empire-...item4630153e46

played with these back in 02-03ish IIRC.

it was before most guns had eyes anyway. because we all rented the gravity feed hoppers with the lights, and all we did all night was clean glowing goop out of our barrels.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

These are best played with in low light conditions rather than no light conditions. Any night games I've ever played were difficult no matter what paintballs you used.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I have three of the Tracer round barrel attachments. If it weren't for the uncertainty of ever finding the paint, I might actually use them some time.

I first saw these used at the 97 World Cup in Orlando. They waited till the day's play was over and then shut all the lights off on a speedball field. It was terrifying to watch because players would be on opposite sides of the same bunker and not know until they ran into each other and then it was just tracer ball madness, like green lasers being shot three feet away from each other ��