Thread: e mag on/off problem

e mag on/off problem

the pin measures 714, I ordered new flat black top o rings(?) from AGD and I can't keep it on the head of the pin, as soon as I air it up it leaks like mad down the barrel and when I pull the valve back out the pin is sticking out the bottom of the on/off far enough to let the black o ring come off. what am I missing?

Do you mean the quad oring is loose on the pin when installing the on/off into the valve? If so, you need another one smaller. These also have quite a range of tolerance. I have them if you need one. Measure the fat part of your pin too and let me know what that is.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

finally found the exploded view of the valve and realized I left the urethane o ring that the black one sits in out of the valve, Duh, now I have to take it apart and get it to quit venting out the velocity adjusting hole.

I thought the pin was supposed to measure .712??

Quote Originally Posted by HolySokz View Post
    In original RT mags, the oin stock was .750 i think(might be .740, so i could be wrong). The arat was pretty specific on what can and ahould be used. In the later Emag/ReTro/Xvalves, you can vary the length of the on/off pin to get more reactiveness. I do know that on most Micromags, you actually need to use a shorter than .700 pin or it won't work.

The .02 variation could be that the pin was custom cut by someone or the calipers are a little off. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by HolySokz View Post
    The 0.714" measurement is probably just the calipers not being perfectly straight when measuring the pin. That 0.02" difference wouldn't make any difference to the operation anyway, even if it did exist.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    ....now I have to take it apart and get it to quit venting out the velocity adjusting hole.
    That is probably just a piece of dirt on the regulator seat oring.