Thread: Emag with Emax

Emag with Emax

I paid a ton for this 10+ years ago. I wonder if it's still worth anything to anyone?

Emag, Emax valve, all parts are there. Equation barrel.

Name:  IMG_4395.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  75.7 KBName:  IMG_43952.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  76.6 KB
    AIM: fastpitch321
    e-mail: fastpitch321@hotmail.com
    AO feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90599
    ebay feedback: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=fastpitch321

Cyco-Dude Guest
    does the charger work? does the battery hold a charge? yes they are still worth a lot of money (relatively speaking).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    does the charger work? does the battery hold a charge? yes they are still worth a lot of money (relatively speaking).
    Assuming they do - is there a range? I need to get rid of this thing - probably next time I'm back in the country. Don't think there's enough time this trip.
    ebay feedback: http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=fastpitch321

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i sold mine for $425, and it had a stainless body and regular emag valve, so more than that since yours has a ule body and emax valve. i'd shoot for $500+.

As it usually goes you will do better probably parting it out

250 for the valve
    100 for the body
    300 area for lowers

ill give you 425$ for it right now. lmk

Hi, all.

Thanks so much for the information! knownothingmags, unfortunately your offer sounds low compared to what your peers posted, so it looks like I'll try parting it out when I'm back in the US. May be April or September.

Parted prices are probably a little generous considering the battery is most likely shot. $250 is probably more in line and that's if it has Xmod1.8. Complete markers aren't selling particularly well unless they are well priced or rare... and well priced. Market isn't what it used to be. KNM's offer is low, but it's also for the complete marker which typically will sell considerably less than the parted prices.

[QUOTE=fastpitch321;2877411]I paid a ton for this 10+ years ago. I wonder if it's still worth anything to anyone?

Just curious....How much was a ULE emag back in the day?

[QUOTE=Xmagterror;2877631]
    Quote Originally Posted by fastpitch321 View Post
    I paid a ton for this 10+ years ago. I wonder if it's still worth anything to anyone?

Just curious....How much was a ULE emag back in the day?
    Around $150, and that with stock feedneck and one detent....
    EDIT:oh, I'm just talking about the body. I misunderstood you were asking about whole marker.
    Last edited by SummaryJudgement; 01-11-2015 at 10:53 AM.

If the E-max valve has lvl10 and is cosmetically in real good shape, I'd ask $300+. There just aren't many E-Max valves in existence, period. You can get higher prices for some things, it just depends on how long you're willing to wait for a buyer.

I agree with Syko on the body (stock feedneck and one detent---would be more with clamping neck and dual detents).

And lowers sound about right if the batts in good condition and the frame isn't beat up.

ill give you 475$ for it all.

[QUOTE=SummaryJudgement;2877662] You can get higher prices for some things, it just depends on how long you're willing to wait for a buyer.
    QUOTE]

This pretty much sums it up. If you are looking for quick sales, prices will have to be competitive. If you want to sit on parts for months or years ask whatever you want, someone will eventually pay it. All in how fast you want it to move.

[QUOTE=OPBN;2877757]
    Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement View Post
    You can get higher prices for some things, it just depends on how long you're willing to wait for a buyer.
    QUOTE]

This pretty much sums it up. If you are looking for quick sales, prices will have to be competitive. If you want to sit on parts for months or years ask whatever you want, someone will eventually pay it. All in how fast you want it to move.
    Right on. A good example: I bought one of the three AGD "Shark Attck" anodized X-mags from a marine leaving the country years ago. I got a phenomenal price for it because he didn't play anymore and needed fast cash before he went to Iraq. It was THE X-mag Tom Kaye used to debug some 3.2 software issues. It had his autograph on the battery pack, original box with everything in it you'd get from factory and PK Selective special Shark Attack written on the box where they normally write the finish type.

I had it for three years and never played with it (would just take it out occasionally to charge batt and wipe it down as I was drooling).
    Then, I sold it for more than three times what I paid for it. Best investment of my life so far, return wise at least. I had showed off pics to illustrate what the ano looked like and was contacted by the buyer. I wasn't planning to sell, but when I came up with I wanted to part with it he was willing to buy.

It just takes one person to make something "worth" a certain price...

By the same token most people don't want to sit on something for two years waiting for the right buyer. While you can wait for that right buyer, I can sell it faster at a lower price and in the time you are waiting for that buyer I can flip that money 4-5 times and make more in the long run. And that right buyer may not come ever and you may have to lower the price anyways. Also the market can drop. Quick turns make a lot of since most times.
    Last edited by OPBN; 01-13-2015 at 12:36 PM.