Thread: Automag rt pro leak problem

Automag rt pro leak problem

Hi all, new member here.
    I have an rt pro that leaks out of the barrel. I replaced the o rings but didn't help. I watched some videos and looks like it may need a reg seat? It does have a little brass piece, that some call the reg seat but in the video it looks like a small plastic ring, not the brass piece I'm seeing. Thanks for any help at all!! Been working on this for days.

Does the leak stop if you pull and hold the trigger back?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    first, take a look at the exploded diagram. as for video, do you mean the troubleshooting video on youtube? if so, that is a classic valve, which is built differently than a reactive valve (rt classic, rt pro, retro, emag, x-valve...).

are you sure it's coming out of the barrel, and not out of the on/off? the answer to laku's question will provide more clues.

Did you use the proper orings?
    Do you have a L10 kit?
    Do you have a ULT kit?

A bad reg seat would have venting out the back of the gun. A leak out the barrel is either the powertube or the on/off.

When I hold the trigger down it still leaks out of the barrel. I replaced with factory rings

Quote Originally Posted by Protorail View Post
    When I hold the trigger down it still leaks out of the barrel. I replaced with factory rings
    Then you most likely have bad o-ring in the on/off.

What type of bolt are you using? A level 10 or level 7?

Typically a leak out the front that stops when you hold the trigger is caused by a bad or dirty powertube oring or a powertube spacer that is too long if you are using a level 7 bolt. If you are using a level 10 bolt, the leak out the front may linger for a few seconds if the level 10 bolt is not perfectly setup. If the leak out the front does not stop when you hold the trigger then the problem is usually a bad or dirty on-off top oring, usually the small one.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.