Thread: E-Mag negative terminal---How to remove?

Question E-Mag negative terminal---How to remove?

Ok.

I could have swore I had an E-mag negative terminal fall out of the frame once. I remember it had an extreme pitch angle to the threads. I screwed it in by hand and it never budged after that.

So.

I have an old beat-up e-mag frame someone decided to try to "ULE" by hand with a Dremel. It's a terrible mess and all I really want to do is to try to get the negative terminal out of the frame.

How can I do this? Can I even do this? There is a hole accessible from the top of the frame, but I figured that was for tapping it and I couldn't just drive the thing out.

I also can't find the part listed on the AGD site or Tuna's.

Input?

Press it out rather than hammer it out. Not having an appropriate press, I used a c-clamp and a cut off nail for a drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Press it out rather than hammer it out. Not having an appropriate press, I used a c-clamp and a cut off nail for a drift.
    I actually tried a pair of wide mouth pliers and a metal pin, but that was by hand and nothing was locked down

So pressing could work? I could have sworn the neg terminal had threads on it. Probably not. I'll try and use a table vice to hold the frame and another to push on the terminal out.

Thanks for the input

No threads, it's pressed in. I always just knock them out. Usually when they come back from ano the pin doesn't fit so I just use a small button head sheet metal screw.

Hang over the top of a vice w/o effing it up so that negative terminal is hanging off and in the clear. Take a small punch and hammer and pound it out. Get a new one from Tuna after anno.

I have always drilled a hole in a scrap piec of wood (2x4) and lined the neg terminal over the hole and use a punch like BigEvil said that way no marring the frame

I just took one out last night. It's not threaded but it does spiral. I'm not sure it would press out or not. I used the largest punch that would fit in the access hole and the block of wood trick and it came out nice.

Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler View Post
    I just took one out last night. It's not threaded but it does spiral. I'm not sure it would press out or not. I used the largest punch that would fit in the access hole and the block of wood trick and it came out nice.
    Excellent. You MIGHT be able to reuse it if it fits back in tight.

It's amazing what a workbench, table vice, and using a hammer as a hammer (instead of a wrench) will accomplish

So I did manage to punch it out last night. What I thought were screw threads I guess are meant for it dig into the frame to make contact.

I didn't have a small enough punch to work with so I used an Allen wrench and ended up adding just a little bit if "character" to it.

Also, are these even available parts from anyone, or would you need to use a different screw like OPBN mentions?

I think the "threads" are both to hold and to scrape the surface to make good contact. Pretty sure Tuna sells new pins.

Getting it back in was pretty easy... just used a clamp and kept pressing it in.
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP