Thread: pneumag with and without ULT kit

pneumag with and without ULT kit

This is my satus quo:
    I have two pneumags - one with a ULT kit and the other without (standard on/off).
    - The one with the standard on/off uses a Palmer's Micro Rock and works perfectly fine.
    - The one with the ULT has a Tickler and also works, but tends to chuff from time to time (my guess is, that's due mainly to the ULT)

This is my problem:
    I tried using the "Tickler-Pneumag" with a standard on/off and it won't budge at all. Already tried turning up the pressure a notch (and the some) and still... nothing.

This is my question:
    Why the heck won't the pneu-setup with the Tickler-lpr work with a standard on/off? Am I missing something here?

Any input/help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by flampaint; 02-02-2015 at 09:38 AM.

The tale of 2 LPRs. Micro Rock for the win.

Also - if the ram is right up against the sear while it's gassed up it will need much more force to move it. Leave some space between the two and let the ram strike the sear instead of pushing it.

The MicroRock has more pressure adjustment and is set up for a higher pressure from the factory.
    There are ways to fix the tickler to work but there should always be at least 0.125" between the ram and the arm of the sear.
    This is how I set up all my pneumags.
    ......You know you want one!!

Good point - the ram is sitting up quite tightly up against the sear when it's gassed up. I'll try setting it back a notch and I'll give it a go again without the ULT to see if it works.
    Thanks for the pointers to both of you - much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    There are ways to fix the tickler to work
    So, the tickler lpr could additionally be tweaked a bit in order to achieve a higher pressure output? Tell me more