Thread: ULE Feedneck issue.

ULE Feedneck issue.

How the heck do you get the feedneck off the ULE??? I know they use loctite to seal it to the body. So in theory if you use a torch and a wrench with a cloth between it the feedneck should eventually turn right??? Well not for me. Please help!

Its been a few years since I have been active on here but I am looking to get back in the game with my Y-frame ULE X-valved mag.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    just accept the fact that you will destroy the neck taking it off and have at it. i got mine off the same way; gently heating with a propane torch and removing with a pair of channel locks.

yeah if you are willing to destroy the neck, its pretty easy.

instead of heating and risking the anno, i'd drill a hole through both sides, stick a rod through it, and torque it off that way.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Strap wrench works wonders too. No damage. Less hassle.

Oh thats brilliant, Thanks! Time to pull out the drill

I guess everyone missed it. Righty-tighty, lefty-loosy. Keep turning it right and it won't go no where. Turn it left and with a strap wrench, or whatever you use, it will come off.

Sometimes the feednecks are really hard to get off. You have to heat it up quite hot. The temperature has to be above 500 deg farenheit to break the loctite bond.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    Sometimes the feednecks are really hard to get off. You have to heat it up quite hot. The temperature has to be above 500 deg farenheit to break the loctite bond.
    And if you are just heating the feedneck itself, it will take several minutes for the heat to soak thru.

Of course, I have had two unscratched ULE feednecks for years, and I haven't used them yet. Some day...

Quote Originally Posted by trigger090 View Post
    Oh thats brilliant, Thanks! Time to pull out the drill
    It wasn't his idea, but I'm sure he'll take credit for it. lol.

Well thats what I do with my T2 barrel sizers anyway. It has holes all around just between the barrel threads so I can stick a allan wrench and get it to spin if it is on too tight. Just never thought to apply this to my feedneck problem.

I wasn't busting on you Trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    yeah if you are willing to destroy the neck, its pretty easy.

instead of heating and risking the anno, i'd drill a hole through both sides, stick a rod through it, and torque it off that way.
    This is how I got mine off. It came off incredibly easy.