Thread: What's an valve-less eMag worth?

Question What's an valve-less eMag worth?

Hi all,

I am going to build an eMag as my side project... I am wondering what should I expect for body and the lowers? I already have a X-Valve that I'll be putting in it, so I don't need a valve (it works in eMag, right?). Also does ULT work with emag, or do I need the original trigger pin? Are there anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

Good E-mag lowers will be around $300 if they're in real nice shape. Milled batt packs can add a little extra.

ULT will not work in an E-mag setup with an X-valve. You will need an E-mag on/off assembly regardless of whether you use it in mech or E mode. The E-mag uses a completely different sear axle assembly than a "standard mech" type of mag. X-valves work in E-mags with an E-mag on/off assembly.

Body cost will come down to what you buy. ULE bodies are $100-$140 depending on quality. A DeadlyWind body (Chord, Dallara, Karta) around $300, likewise for XMTs Shockwaves, Rippers ($250ish), or Phoenix ($250ish).
    Last edited by SummaryJudgement; 02-13-2015 at 08:12 PM.

It's quite simply a some of its parts. The prices above are pretty right on. Look around and see what is out there.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    it depends...what body does it have? what condition is it in? does it have an asa, and if so, what kind? what barrel does it have? does it include a charger? does the board work? does the battery hold a charge?

assuming it includes a charger, the board works, the battery holds a charge, it has a stock barrel and stainless body, with a typical on/off asa, all in decent condition, i would not pay more than $300 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    it depends...what body does it have? what condition is it in? does it have an asa, and if so, what kind? what barrel does it have? does it include a charger? does the board work? does the battery hold a charge?

assuming it includes a charger, the board works, the battery holds a charge, it has a stock barrel and stainless body, with a typical on/off asa, all in decent condition, i would not pay more than $300 shipped.
    For a "complete" E-mag? That seams really low to me. Especially if you're including a charger base and power cord, those go for around $80 for both if you get a real decent deal. I was selling spare charger bases for $75 when I had a bunch. I would value real good condition lowers by themselves (working board and good battery) at around $300. And I'm thinking stock trigger and batt pack. Stainless bodies aren't worth much these days (maybe 80ish if in great shape) and "stock" barrels fall into the non-insert/non-adjustable length barrel world around $50 I'd think. $300 for a complete E-mag including shipping would be a hell of a deal if you could find it in my opinion.

oh well Cyco-Dude actually said He would not would pay more than $ 300 shipped. He has bad economy because he bought a lot with automags and parts that I wanted. He likes cheap automags and ... cheap ladies Muhagagaga!

I think CD is talking about a valveless Emag with a SS body. If so, I would agree on about $300. Non-ULE Emag lowers without XMod etc really should only be selling in the $2-250 range. ULE lowers with Xmod, new battery, etc may be in the $350 range, but even that is probably high in the current market. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement View Post
    For a "complete" E-mag?
    ...complete minus the valve. valves are $100+.

oh, the last two emags i have bought were in the $300 range, but they did needs parts / work to get them up to spec. fortunately the battery / boards were ok. and someone sold a complete emag on ebay for like $60, i kid you not!!! crazy...
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 02-14-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks everyone for the inputs. Since I am noob when it comes to eMags, they were all very valuable. Hopefully I can scrape enough money to put together an eMag soon!