Thread: Armageddon Reg questions

Armageddon Reg questions

Ok all, I am now the proud owner of an Armageddon reg and would like to know a few things. For starters, I was wondering if it matters if I switch the gauge, line out, and regulated burst discs locations? All 3 are regulated output ports, and with a lukes wedge and a warp, I'm going to have to get creative. Another thing I was wondering is weather i can get a hydro on a tank that expires in 3 years. It is eligible for a 5 year but there are only 3 years left of life left on the tank and I was hoping that they would hydro it up to the end of the tanks life. Any help you guys can give I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks in advance.

Andrew

On mine, i had gotten it, with a 90° fitting for the fill nipple. It is angled down, which makes it easier to fill.

If the tank is passed it's second hydro(at the 10 year mark), and out of that hydro; example: born in 2003, was hydro'd in 2008, but not in 2013. Then yes, you should be able to hydro it so that its legal. But check with who you plan on hydro-ing with, they have the final say.

I want to say yes on the output and the gauge. I don't think so on the burst disks. Remember, 1 gauge is for the tank pressure and the other is the regulated output. You do not want to mix those up.

I would check the old Air America docs on PBN for that info. I also believe that the people from Immortal Air were the same people that were from Air America, but am not quite sure. I haven't heard anything from Immortal air in awhile and don't know if they are even around anymore.

Yeah I got you man, I was hoping I can get it re-hydro'd with three years left on the life of the tank. I understand I cant switch the burst disc on the High pressure tank side with my regulated pressure goodies, what i was wondering about is the third output on the reg itself, the one on the bottom, like in the first picture. In the second picture it shows the gauge port on the opposite side of the regulated line out. Do you think all three are interchangable? I know that the one in the first picture is a burst disc rated at 1200 psi for regulated output. Name:  air1025f.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  77.6 KBName:  air1025j.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  48.7 KB

Honestly, i think that 3rd point is for the reg itself, and not a portion of the regulated air. I never went deep into it myself, as i got mine used and it worked. The exacting questions are begging for a good search for the manual or at least an old tech for them.

Got to remember that the better secondary regs and cheap screw in tanks were the silver bullet for these regs. At $200 for a screw in & $70 for a reg, it is still cheaper by over $100+ to the $450 price tag of a Geddon. Great performers, just antiquated to all but the mag community.

I removed the same fittings on my Armageddon for the same reason a couple weeks ago. But after unscrewing the burst disk's hex retainer fitting, I was unsure how to extract the actual disk inside without compromising it. At that point though, it dawned on me that even if I was successful in removing it, the only other placement options for the burst disk was to either point it towards my face or against my wrist. Now I've never taken an exploding burst disk to the face at point blank range before, but it sounds like a good way to win a Darwin award. Perhaps Air America actually intended it to point down. For a reason. Maybe.

Ehh work smarter not harder you say!? Never... Yeah I don't know how I am going to fit my geddon under my warp bracket with my Luke's wedge. That's the main reason I am wondering, the gauge nor my 90 macro fitting will fit at that angle. With that angle the burst disk would be facing at a 45 towards the warp bracket anyways so it shouldn't be too horrible if it goes off, couldn't be worse than being wacked with macro at 1200 psi.... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Don't use the wedge? I don't understand why people like them but that's just me.

How about using a rail on the wedge, to give you more distance of the tank and the gun. I have never knew of a gauge breaking like how you describe.

Hey guys thanks for the help, and you're right it wasn't gonna work with the wedge. I went ahead and used an old rhino drop I had. Thanks again fo the help fellows!!!Name:  image.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  132.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  134.0 KB

HA! I see you are running the light weight setup from 1999. That is almost how i ran my Angel, except mine is an Eclipse LED not a 2K LCD, and i used a Halo not a warp. I just used the geddon for reg adjustments as i never trusted the stock reg. so i ran air through it but just left the reg screw near flush.

Yeah man, "lightweight" setup!!! Hahaha, so all I got left to do is extend the intelli wire to the revi, then splice in a warp jumper and solder all that and it's ready. Kinda excited to see what all the kids think of this "new" setup!