Thread: Custom Foregrip... Working with Luke to try to get this done! Looking for opinions!

Custom Foregrip... Working with Luke to try to get this done! Looking for opinions!

Alright fellas. I've been working with Luke to get this foregrip put into production.

Want to get everyone's opinions.

As it sits now it's a lightweight non air thru grip.

I really like the design for some of my builds and I thought quite a few others would as well.

I also like the idea of making this as an air thru option. As of right now, there will only be one option! Whatever the most popular design ends up being!

Looking for everyone's thoughts!
    Thanks in advance.

Also to note... This all got started with the introduction of the new square mags (milled tac one body) that will be sweeping the world by storm! ;-)

Something similar to this idea... Yes, I know the one in the pic doesn't fit quite properly... But it was to give you an idea of what they'd look like!
    Last edited by str8boostn; 02-18-2015 at 08:18 PM.

the top rear of the foregrip...leave it open some so that it can slide back over the gripframe trigger guard some.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    the top rear of the foregrip...leave it open some so that it can slide back over the gripframe trigger guard some.
    I like this idea. Would also like to see the angle on the lower front of the grip rounded out a bit.

Lastly, I think it needs a little more character, would love to see some side milling similar to the PTP battery packs.
    Name:  IMG_7859.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  52.3 KB

Meh. Not my style. Less so not being gas through.

There is a venomous designs one that was kinda my initial inspiration. It was open and looked like it could slide over the grip frame.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424312074.252270.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  66.9 KB

The idea is to line up the front of the grip to the front of the body and rail on bodies that are machined to Automag length. Who is going to want a little lip in that area by moving it back a few 16's of an inch?

I'd be more interested in a gas through option. Not a fan of a big hoop of macro up the side. I do like the idea of it coming back slightly to meet the grip frame but you might run into issues of it matching the various different types of frames. I like the idea of the PTP Trash can milling on the sides. For the one that you have pictured above just flip it around and it will be flat against your trigger frame. What do you have stashed in there behind that side panel anyway?
    I made the mistake of trading for a mag...now I'm trapped
    Cocker, Automag, and Misc Parts FS

Quote Originally Posted by WholemealDrop View Post
    I'd be more interested in a gas through option. Not a fan of a big hoop of macro up the side. I do like the idea of it coming back slightly to meet the grip frame but you might run into issues of it matching the various different types of frames. I like the idea of the PTP Trash can milling on the sides. For the one that you have pictured above just flip it around and it will be flat against your trigger frame. What do you have stashed in there behind that side panel anyway?
    I just flipped it around to show what the custom grip would resemble. That grip isn't staying on this mag!
    (Back on topic now! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    The idea is to line up the front of the grip to the front of the body and rail on bodies that are machined to Automag length. Who is going to want a little lip in that area by moving it back a few 16's of an inch?
    My impression is that it's just to ensure compatibility with different frames that may extend further forward.

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    My impression is that it's just to ensure compatibility with different frames that may extend further forward.
    Such as what? All the Mag frames I know of match the Intelli frame trigger guard with the exception of the Logic frame that he made much larger than normal and were a problem on the AM/MM rails. I would bet a dime to a dollar that the G-Force frame matches too. (I've never measured one)

GForce frames are identical side to Intelli frames along the rail area.

Custom Foregrip... Working with Luke to try to get this done! Looking for opi...

But what I think he was referring to is something similar to the way the venomous one is. Hollow, open at the top and wider than a trigger frame. Maybe so that it could be a slight bit wider (deeper/front to back) in general... That would give it the option of filling the top gap between the trigger frame and the front grip on an RT rail, but also allowing it to fit on an AM rail by just overlapping the trigger frame.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Meh. Not my style. Less so not being gas through.
    Pretty much my opinion.

I do like the idea of getting it done as another option for Mag owners but i would have to concur with the others, Not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by str8boostn View Post
    Alright fellas. I've been working with Luke to get this foregrip put into production.

Want to get everyone's opinions.

As it sits now it's a lightweight non air thru grip.

I really like the design for some of my builds and I thought quite a few others would as well.

I also like the idea of making this as an air thru option. As of right now, there will only be one option! Whatever the most popular design ends up being!

Looking for everyone's thoughts!
    Thanks in advance.

Also to note... This all got started with the introduction of the new square mags (milled tac one body) that will be sweeping the world by storm! ;-)

Something similar to this idea... Yes, I know the one in the pic doesn't fit quite properly... But it was to give you an idea of what they'd look like!

I forgot I sold Mongoose's "box" to you after I got tired of it

I enjoy the square boxy look of the gun as it is in the mock up photo. I'm not sure if I'd bevel the front vertical corners of the grip like the illustration shows though because the flow between it and the front of the rail would be too abruptly interrupted. You'd have those pointy corners of the rail awkwardly sticking out above the grip. My opinion would be to either leave the right angles intact along the front of your foregrip or do something else to better transition the lines of the beveled foregrip with the right-angled rail.

Custom Foregrip... Working with Luke to try to get this done! Looking for opi...

I like the idea of the bevel being on the backside or not at all.

I can see bevels running down the back of the foregrip working. May be comfier on the hand, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost flanker View Post
    I enjoy the square boxy look of the gun as it is in the mock up photo. I'm not sure if I'd bevel the front vertical corners of the grip like the illustration shows though because the flow between it and the front of the rail would be too abruptly interrupted. You'd have those pointy corners of the rail awkwardly sticking out above the grip. My opinion would be to either leave the right angles intact along the front of your foregrip or do something else to better transition the lines of the beveled foregrip with the right-angled rail.
    agree with this, i like the look and need one for my Luketac. But the outside corners of the grip have to line up with the rail corners.

A foregrip as wide as this body (1.115") and neither chamfered or rounded over would be very uncomfortable.

I may have possibly totally overlooked that detail. Nevertheless, I still recommend going with the boxy look. It will look killer even with the narrower foregrip.
    Last edited by ghost flanker; 02-24-2015 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    A foregrip as wide as this body (1.115") and neither chamfered or rounded over would be very uncomfortable.
    could the top part be made to match the with of the rail and body, then taper down to the size and milling shown?

just thinking, I have seen some VASA adapters on cockers do that, those are usually wide at the top to fit the body and then sharp square edges taper down to the size needed to fit the reg.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    could the top part be made to match the with of the rail and body, then taper down to the size and milling shown?
    I don't see how that would match the body design other than matching the width of the body, meaning there aren't any tapers on the body itself. The body consists of 90 and 45 degree angles so to me a tapered top on the fg wont match the body. The rounded edges in the model would be all but invisible to the eye, the round over is just enough to remove the sharp edge. For me, the foregrip being narrower than the body facilitates the transition between the two parts. The 45* front edge is not only comfortable in the hand but matches the top edge along the rear, and the entire top edge on the alternative design I offer.