Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring Back Shake N' Bake! (Rant)

@ghost flanker
    all you say in the OP is true ther is a problem with inexperienced and semiexperienced players using electros ramping the snot out of rentals like its cool, as stated in the thred oldschool guys tend to slow down and enjoy the game and make it fun for everyone.
    no rampin/fullauto and only shake and bake and hopper ball is what levels the play field for everyone.

to make paintball grow its not about us that is alredy in to it "its about those about to rock" the fresh new guys that need a good experience and staying in the game enjoying it and show up with all ther friends thats the most important thing.
    Paid in paintballs

Fields make money selling house paint only.

So, they need to be profitable to stay open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggest problem I see with "shake and bake" is where do you draw the line? Say a guy shows up with a Tippmann with cyclone feed? His hopper isn't agitated but he will still be able to lay down a lot of paint quickly. Likewise, for a more modern example, what about the new PE PALS system? These guys are using mech markers with non-agitated hoppers and will be able to throw heavy amounts of paint too.

The only real way I can see to slow down the game and limit the heavy shooters to make it more fun for newer players and more laid back players is to go with hopperball.

Yep, hopperball, and all electros capped at 8-9bps. Problem solved. I actually like running the little APP 50 round hopper on my euro-feed RT Classics, even though you do have to shake them regularly. It's the only hopper that doesn't sit ungodly high up, and look goofy, on a euro-feed! The 100rd Sportshot also gets the nod regularly.