Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Pre order page is up> http://www.lukescustoms.com/t-rex.html

Oops, lost the other thread. (sarcasm)

The overseer, a little tribute to TK.
    Found this little guy in the trunk of a car at an auto salvage yard. He was buried under a pile of old parts, dirt and trash, he's missing an arm, leg and both hands. I saw some irony in his discovery so I had to dig him out and bring him home. lol

On to other news...

I've been working on the T-Rex for 3-4 months. I believe I've dialed in the final design but several more phases of testing is still required.
    The design incorporates a built in mounting tab and an airline hole to pass a LP hose through if you're bringing in low pressure air from a forward mounted regulator.

Here's the two latest working prototypes, V9 and 9.1 essentially they're the same but with minor machining changes (A few different internal chamfers to cut down on the number of tools and tool changes.)

Did more bench testing yesterday after machining this little mount. So far this little dude rips, feeling stoked about the design. But more testing is required.

The body and valve assembly are machined from brass.
    Trigger pin is non proprietary, made of stainless steel. The current design locates the trigger pin pretty close to a factory set trigger pin. These can be ground down without affecting the valve operation if you want the trigger to sit back further in the frame. The trigger pin is an off the shelf 1/8" x 3/4" dowel pin.
    The trigger pin has a built in stop in the valve body, it is impossible to over pull or bottom out the valve assembly.
    The pin stroke is set at 0.04" but I believe it will operate at a much shorter stroke. (Again further testing is required)
    This design uses orings in all the spots that need a seal, NO Teflon tape or thread sealer! Sounds silly but that's a big deal when you sit down to assemble a bunch of parts. Also, sealers can be problematic on pneumatic valve systems.

For the record this is not a Zap design, parts are nowhere interchangeable, the valve assemblies are completely different.

If you're interested in the project please post. Pricing will be within the scope of what's come before.

This will not work in the following frames:
    Z-Grip
    Y-Grip
    RPG Triton
    Airwalk (Too close to call without CAD's)
    Last edited by luke; 12-14-2016 at 08:31 PM.

id be up for maybe two price and such considered.

this is neat to see you get this done.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-03-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks!

What frame are you considering for your build?

Would this design work for z-frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Kusokow View Post
    Would this design work for z-frame?
    Sorry, No.
    Last edited by luke; 03-12-2015 at 06:59 PM.

I would be interested in two as well depending on price and how easy it will be to get this in intelli style frames

Quote Originally Posted by jame4091 View Post
    I would be interested in two as well depending on price and how easy it will be to get this in intelli style frames
    For these to work properly it will require professional machining to the frame to work properly. There's almost no leeway on the cheater to do modifications to it. I'll looking to frame mods after the cheater is ready for production. Lots of testing is still required.

I'm down for one still since I have all Luke lowers on my current build. If I have one of your frames I'm assuming I need to send it back to you to have it modified, is there a cost on that and if so how much is it or is it too early to crunch numbers?

I will take 2 when the time comes.

Still down for a couple of these.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    I'm down for one still since I have all Luke lowers on my current build. If I have one of your frames I'm assuming I need to send it back to you to have it modified, is there a cost on that and if so how much is it or is it too early to crunch numbers?
    To mount the cheater all that is required is a single hole to be drilled. (See picture #7 from the top) However, I plan on adding a magnetic trigger return and a hole in the rear of the frame to reset the on/off when required. I'll work out some kind of a deal for all the frames that have been sold, all new frame sales will come with those additions.

I'll take care of you guys one way or another, this cheater was the reason those frames didn't come ready for a typical pneumag build.

ill be in for two. one for one of your frames on a classic RT, and another for in one of cougars M86 frames. will need some rail milling on both projects as well.

So it would require a fair amount of work for a Y-Frame?

Quote Originally Posted by tolar250 View Post
    ill be in for two one for cougars M86 frames.
    Cougar will have to verify if his frames be a candidate or not, I haven't really studied his frame that close so I'm not certain one way or another.

and one for one of your frames on a classic RT.
    I won't be able to personally test that setup, has anyone built a pneumag on the Classic RT platform using a MSV2 and MPA-3 ram yet? If so it shouldn't be a problem but that's just a guess.

I'll take another mini vert and one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    So it would require a fair amount of work for a Y-Frame?

It looks like the Y frame will not be a candidate for this. (Bummer) I never really looked at the frame in consideration for the mod until now.
    The way the Y frame is machined at the point where it narrows (at the red arrow) is the limiting factor.

If you look at the arrow on my frame, this is the necessary spot where the front of the valve must sit in order for the ram face to be in the correct location (That can't change).
    After looking at the Intelli it may be coming up a smig shy but I think I can make it work with a little machining on the valve, but I'll have to look at the cads.
    But like I said, my focus is on testing the valve not exploring all the possibilities everyone is going to want, all that in due time.

All that being said, the valve design has little to no room for changes in this current configuration, actually it was all I could do to squeeze what was necessary into the space I had to work in, I was LITTERALLY splitting a few 10ths (0.0001) to get the design to work.

This looks awesome! Is there enough room in that frame to fit a tickler LPR?

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    This looks awesome! Is there enough room in that frame to fit a tickler LPR?
    Probably, it's shorter than the Micro Rock. A MR is short enough but I'm not sure it will clear the LP fitting which can't move much more than .0001". (I believe the top of the MR could be machined to clear the hose though)

i would be interested if they could drop into an intelli.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Cougar will have to verify if his frames be a candidate or not, I haven't really studied his frame that close so I'm not certain one way or another.
    Is there a way I can get a very dumbed down solid model (external only) or some sort of drawing with just external? I dont want to know whats going on inside as thats you work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Sure, I can send you a "negative" model of the space needed, located off the trigger pin hole, safety and the frame screws. IGES ok?

I won't be able to personally test that setup, has anyone built a pneumag on the Classic RT platform using a MSV2 and MPA-3 ram yet? If so it shouldn't be a problem but that's just a guess.
    several came up in a google search including one built by cougar20th

on the classic rt i was already expecting some tinkering to be needed.

i like the cheater concept because its simplified and compact and that helps if "alternative" mounting is required.
    Last edited by tolar250; 03-03-2015 at 06:43 PM.

I'm interested in one.
    Chupas

Shakira series YO-Mag. Purple to black fade
    Yo Boy for life

To mount the cheater all that is required is a single hole to be drilled. (See picture #7 from the top) However, I plan on adding a magnetic trigger return and a hole in the rear of the frame to reset the on/off when required. I'll work out some kind of a deal for all the frames that have been sold, all new frame sales will come with those additions.

I'll take care of you guys one way or another, this cheater was the reason those frames didn't come ready for a typical pneumag build.
    Cool. I'm thinking about just picking up another frame then that will be good to go. Thank you.

Sure, I can send you a "negative" model of the space needed, located off the trigger pin hole, safety and the frame screws. IGES ok?
    Iges is good cougar20th at hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Iges is good cougar20th at hotmail.com
    I'll send it now, check your PMs for a little more info.

DONE!
    Last edited by luke; 03-03-2015 at 07:10 PM.

several came up in a google search including one built by cougar20th

on the classic rt i was already expecting some tinkering to be needed.

i like the cheater concept because its simplified and compact and that helps if "alternative" mounting is required.
    The msv/mpa3 setup isnt a good comparison. It just to adjustable.
    Better comparison would be my e90. Major tinkering. BigE is responsible for that build. It included grinding the sear, I think the plunger, really he could tell you more.

Boils down to putting something like this into a classic rt will likely need tinkering.

Better comparison would be my e90. Major tinkering. BigE is responsible for that build. It included grinding the sear, I think the plunger, really he could tell you more.

Boils down to putting something like this into a classic rt will likely need tinkering.
    If those parts will trip the sear this valve should too.

Put Lukes frame on it.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Put Lukes frame on it.

Its more that I believe the sear to be slightly foward on a classic rt. Cant say ive confirmed it but after several builds that seems to be my conclusion.