Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Quote Originally Posted by blamtro View Post
    I like the name, its a catchy play on words. However, to appease the debbie downers, what about calling it "T-Rex"? It fits, this will be the baddest mofo on the field. Just like T-Rex was 65 million years ago.
    That was my first thought but I like Cheatah more, made more sense. It's a double play on words and every one knows what a Cheater valve is.

Personally it never even entered my mind that the term cheater would be twisted to mean cheating on the field. (I get the feeling that's where Fred is coming from, but honestly I'm not really following his meaning)
    When I saw the name cheater the first time, to me it was implying cheating the install, not trying to pull one over on anyone at the field.

When I see the word Cheetah I think speed, which is the intent with the conversion..... I don't know, seems much ado about nothing, it's the least of my concerns right now. Back to the machine to cut another body.

Update on the V11.

Machined a few more bodies and worked out several issues that were causing some sub par machining finishes. Feeling good about the design now, now I can sleep. lol

Crossing my fingers that this is it, I'm so completely burned on this stage of the project and ready for the next!

I hope the compressor comes in Friday so I can set it up and start filling my tanks and do some in depth testing.

If this design (V11) proves out I'll machine one of my Intellis and test it next week. I'll work on the programing and design a mounting bracket while I'm waiting on air..

I like this name, it remembers me the car !

Quote Originally Posted by blamtro View Post
    I like the name, its a catchy play on words. However, to appease the debbie downers, what about calling it "T-Rex"? It fits, this will be the baddest mofo on the field. Just like T-Rex was 65 million years ago.
    agree! T-Rex would be awesome, also as a sort of tribute to AGD & TK.
    But, the only thing that counts at the end of the day is that it works and Luke can really call it whatever he wants - it won't change a thing about me wanting (at least) one!

I would just go with "cheetah". for those who know the old one, it sounds like a New Englander saying it. for those who don't know the history, it's just a really fast trigger/install. Plus, going that way avoids any negative connotations of "cheater".

my $.02

I've made stands before on tongue in cheek marketing that I felt didn't put the sport in a good light, including boycotting Evil paint and products for years. (the thread on it might still exist?)

Zap's product name of the Cheater in and of itself is a roll eye for me, but I wasn't active at all when it was released.

My stance on your product here, is that its yours, make it yours, if its as different from Zap's as you say, let it stand on its own with an original name.

Luke's T-Rex trigger kit! With full sincerity, that's a huge improvement that's going somewhere.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

also agree with straying from "cheater" or anything close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I would just go with "cheetah". for those who know the old one, it sounds like a New Englander saying it.
    Lol, that's exactly what prompted the idea, "it's not a cheater it's a cheetah" the name was meant tongue in cheek, supposed to be funny, glad you picked up on it.

It started when I first posted this design last year, and few guys insinuated it was a (Zap) Cheater and I got irritated and felt the need to defend the design saying "Its not a cheater" I've said it to a few guys in private messages too. I was actually poking fun at myself and my ego feeling I needed to defend my work.

Spelling it correctly will least save me the time of explaining the entire story to those not into paintball that cheetah was purposely miss spelled and why...

So in 20 years this valve the Cheatah V11 should be worth a fortune because it will be the very first and the one and only with the original name! Can't wait to be rich!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I've made stands before on tongue in cheek marketing that I felt didn't put the sport in a good light, including boycotting Evil paint and products for years. (the thread on it might still exist?)

Zap's product name of the Cheater in and of itself is a roll eye for me, but I wasn't active at all when it was released.

My stance on your product here, is that its yours, make it yours, if its as different from Zap's as you say, let it stand on its own with an original name.

Luke's T-Rex trigger kit! With full sincerity, that's a huge improvement that's going somewhere.
    Thanks for clarifying.

I really don't put thought or effort into naming my parts, if an idea falls into my lap that I like I use it, I just don't try that hard to come up with something. I really don't have a problem with T-Rex, but originally I thought people would scoff at the name.

EDIT: Man the value of the Cheatah V11 (well in 20 years) just went through the roof!

Fanboy- "man that gun rips, what is it?"
    Me- "it's an automag"
    fanboy- "where the screen"
    Me- "no batteries, just mechanical"
    fanboy- "wow, why does it shoot so fast"
    Me- "it has a Luke's one legged trex mod!"
    Fanboy- "Say What?"
    Me - "oh yeah"
    Call it whatever you want, it going to be the "one legged trex valve to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jame4091 View Post
    Fanboy- "man that gun rips, what is it?"
    Me- "it's an automag"
    fanboy- "where the screen"
    Me- "no batteries, just mechanical"
    fanboy- "wow, why does it shoot so fast"
    Me- "it has a Luke's one legged trex mod!"
    Fanboy- "Say What?"
    Me - "oh yeah"
    Call it whatever you want, it going to be the "one legged trex valve to me.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I really don't put thought or effort into naming my parts,
    LOL, you put alot more into it than I do. M86=Mechanical 86 degree frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I personally like the name, it reminds me of one of my favorite movies back in 2003.

http://movies.disney.com/the-cheetah-girls

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    LOL, you put alot more into it than I do. M86=Mechanical 86 degree frame.
    Only if it falls in my lap.

Mini Vert, not even a actual vert, its an 86.
    Last edited by luke; 03-10-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stedspitcher View Post
    I personally like the name, it reminds me of one of my favorite movies back in 2003.

http://movies.disney.com/the-cheetah-girls
    I knew it!!!

I'm so glad I had to follow the link to know the reference. lol

I did some CAD work on the Intelli frame today and I believe it will work, that is as long as I didn't goof up. I have a frame I'll machine tomorrow if I don't get too side tracked with other stuff...

I thought I would post this up, there's a few guys concerned about the machining, figured this would help.

This is an AGD Intelli cut in half, the yellow geometry lines are the sections that require machining. I'll supply a little bracket to mount the valve directly to the Intelli's switch mount.

The large upper section is obviously for the valve body and the smaller lower geometry is simply space for the low pressure hose and hose barb. (Plus it hogs out some dead weight)

Edit:
    One for perspective>

Last edited by luke; 03-10-2015 at 11:56 PM.

Awesome. Thanks luke. The pictures really help understand what's involved to use one in an intelli.

Hopefully I can snag one once you start taking orders. Since im using an intelli, the "cheatah" is going to be my only option if I want to do a sleaper pneumag, having the LPR inside the grip frame.

Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by gotzskillz View Post
    Awesome. Thanks luke. The pictures really help understand what's involved to use one in an intelli.

Hopefully I can snag one once you start taking orders. Since im using an intelli, the "cheatah" is going to be my only option if I want to do a sleaper pneumag, having the LPR inside the grip frame.

Can't wait!!
    You cant put the LPR inside because there is no material to tap for the LPR. The bottom of the Intelli-Frame is machined out. take a look at the bottom and you will understand what I am talking about. . . . .

I have one idea that I have been kicking around as a solution to that but I am not willing to share it!
    ......You know you want one!!

Looking at the "pictures" I see a potential issue. Will the lower machining for the low pressure hose be covered by the grip?
    It is hard to tell from that perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    Looking at the "pictures" I see a potential issue. Will the lower machining for the low pressure hose be covered by the grip?
    I think the machining is internal and nothing will be opened up outside...at least that's what I take from it.

You cant put the LPR inside because there is no material to tap for the LPR. The bottom of the Intelli-Frame is machined out. take a look at the bottom and you will understand what I am talking about. . . . .
    Truth.

I have one idea that I have been kicking around as a solution to that but I am not willing to share it!
    Me too, just never had the desire to go there.

No. That does not breach the exterior of the frame. The diameter of that (deep) cut is only 3/8" wide.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I think the machining is internal and nothing will be opened up outside...at least that's what I take from it.
    Exactly.

The depth of the LP hose cavity is a little deceptive too, it's only 5/8" from the hexagon (lowest edge) to the bottom of the cavity, just enough for a gentle bend in the hose.

Damn spell check, I can't type so I have to look at the key board and not the screen!!
    Last edited by luke; 03-11-2015 at 01:58 PM.

The depth of the LP hose cavity is a little deceptive too, it's only 5/8" from the hexagon (lowest edge) to the bottom of the cavity, just enough for a genital bend in the hose.
    Ummmm..... Ouch?

...enough for a genital bend in the hose.
    Not sure if I'm less or more interested in this now...

No reason to kick a guy in the "gentle(s)" over a miss spelled word!