Thread: Carrier Stuck Inside PowerTube - I'm guessing this is causing the leak

Carrier Stuck Inside PowerTube - I'm guessing this is causing the leak

Hey guys, first post here
    Got an automag at the beginning of the year but haven't really played with it yet due to leaks. When I aired it up for the first time their was quite a bit of leaking down the barrel. I'd done my research and knew to put a drop or two of oil in the ASA and that definitely helped, there's a lot less leaking now, but the marker's still leaking. I read somewhere that if the leak stops when I hold down the trigger (which it does) then it's a problem with the power tube or bolt.
    I took the marker apart and found that the carrier is stuck in firmly, really tight. Does this mean that the carrier being used is too large? A few others came with the marker so I can try those if I can get the current one out.
    So first question: Is this the reason the marker's leaking?
    If so, how do I get it out without damaging O-rings or the power tube inside?

More info: It's got the lvl 10 bolt and X-valve. I can show some pictures of the internals if anyone needs.

Can't wait to get this sorted and start playing with my Automag, thanks for any and all help!

Yes, you need the next smallest carrier. Use the field strip screw to remove it.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I just use an o-ring pick to get the carrier out. You work it one side at a time; it'll come out. Once it's out, use the next smallest carrier to stop the leak. You want to keep the same o-ring that's inside the currently installed carrier; the carriers are there to give the o-ring a proper fit to the bolt stem. You want to use the largest carrier that does not cause it to leak down the barrel. Here is a carrier size chart:

Don't use an oring pick. You will scratch and nick the oring. Screw the field strip screw right in there and pull. Works every time.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Used the screw to get the carrier out. Never actually knew it could be used for that. Went from the 1 carrier to the 0.5 carrier and it seems like it works!
    Thank you so much for help, guys! Looking forward to getting to play in the next few weeks!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Don't use an oring pick. You will scratch and nick the oring. Screw the field strip screw right in there and pull. Works every time.
    i hook in behind the washer.