Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my spin on a wedge desig, direct mount design.

post up if interested.
    if you don't like this design or contour pm you idea.

i can make a list.

T slots are 10 times better than dovetails, as the surface area alone would mean that it is a much stronger and stable design. Now the materials used for them, that is up to Ryan. I wouldn't mind a little flex but not have it gummy or so soft that it could move readily. Good luck with this, as i think this would be a much lighter and better way to go with it.

Now, can you do regular rail mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post

Now, can you do regular rail mounts?
    yes.

just need a sketch of what you are look for.
    paint seems to work well, just post em to me in a pm

custom work is fun.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-24-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Looking for cheaper CP mini rails. Prefer the smaller size to the full length rails.

How would that hold up with the set screws ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    How would that hold up with the set screws ?
    Put an insert where the set screw goes, so that the screw isn't going into the plastic. Or even use softer than stainless or steel screws so that unless you are using an impact gun to tighten it, the material should have flex enough to secure the ASA.

this idea will be in line with this stuff, but behind it.

I can not guarantee the stuff will work without breaking,
    but I sure as heck will print it.

im always up for sum fun designs. no matter how simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Put an insert where the set screw goes, so that the screw isn't going into the plastic. Or even use softer than stainless or steel screws so that unless you are using an impact gun to tighten it, the material should have flex enough to secure the ASA.
    Tanks are heavy, with rough use I'm not sure the plastic will hold the set screws in place.....

Tanks are heavy, with rough use I'm not sure the plastic will hold the set screws in place.....
    yes I get it, ( no sarcasm here just being friendly )
    I know plastics, I know a lot more than I let on,( reason being is there is a small area where plastic will work in paintball)
    keep the thread from derailing.

I promise this,
    I will let people know if what im making will not work,

I do not want anyone doubting my products, if it doesn't work you wont get it.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-24-2015 at 11:10 PM.

What you are saying is just the same back in the 60's with the original M16, or even the 80's with the Glocks. Hell, look at how plastics like lucite or Plexiglas has replaced regular glass.

There is a place for them, its more of finding it then exploting that whole when you find the right combination. If anything, i am looking for a couoke, but at a lesser cost than a new one can be had at. It might not be feasible in costs, but if i can certainly spit ball the idea and see if it is. Then the market will open up. I wouldn't put a AA Apocalypse on it, since those weighed 10lbs at the reg, but i am willing to wait and find out what KNM can do for me.