Thread: Pneumag advice

Pneumag advice

Here is a picture of what I have and a picture of what I would like to have (stolen from the whats it worth section).
    • It looks like there are two extra holes drilled into the blue logic frame. Anyone I could send my frame off to, to have those holes drilled (will they be threaded or just holes?)
    • Which asa to use
    • What do I need to add/change to get magnets in the trigger
    • Which lpr to use
    • Any other tips

What I would like
    Name:  IMG_20150313_120829_1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  122.5 KB

What I have to work with
    Name:  2015-03-17 22.21.19.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  49.1 KB

not 100% sure what frame you have as I could not identify it on your picture.
    It does however, seem to have all the necessary holes and tabs in order to mount a sleeper setup. Maybe, someone else can chime in on this?
    SO I would say you don't need to drill and tap any other holes as long as there is a hole behind the trigger into which the pin goes, which activates your Fabco MSV.

As far as I know, you do not necessarily need to mount the QEV on the ram.

You will however need a modded ASA in order for your LPR to "recieve" air if it'll be inside the frame. Tuna has some left, he should be able to help you out.
    A tickler LPR will fit for sure. Other makes I am not sure about as I don't know the frame.

Try setting it up and getting it to work properly first without magnets - those you can always add later.
    If your trigger has stops (set screws) use them to make your trigger pull as short and crisp as possible - that helps a lot and I personally like having a very short trigger pull.

But wait for someone else to give you more qulified tips on this as I am definitely not the authority on this and I am barely getting started with sleeper pneu setups.

I would say Loguzzzz is definitely one of the best guys to answer your questions - maybe he can chime in on this?

I think the two holes he's talking about, are there to hold the clippard ram in place at the top of the frame. If so, then yes, they need to be drilled and tapped for what ever kind of set screws you are going to use to do that.

QEV's are a waste of money and time. I have built them both ways and have never seen an appreciable different. The base on the blue Logic frame was machined so that the LPR sits lower in the frame, not necessary but is saves having to build a spacer to seal the o-ring on the asa and give more room for a good LPR such as the MicroRock.

Laku is correct regarding the set screws that are visible on the blue frame.

The CP direct mount or the CP mini direct mount are the best choice. If Tuna as them that buy it from him. If not I can probably supply one. FYI- I was the person who modified the ones that Tuna has.

The Magnet Mod will definitely give a crisper trigger and use an RT on/off. I have found them to be the best for pneumags. Helps with the trigger/ram return.
    ......You know you want one!!

Thanks for all of the great tips. It looks like I need to track down a MicroRock, modified ASA and the magnet mod parts. Any suggestions on who could do the machining on my frame (Luke, XMT?). I'm no stranger to using my dremel tool to grind things out but I'd like to keep this as crisp and professional looking as possible.

PM Loguzzzzz.