Thread: Level10 and Minimag body?

Level10 and Minimag body?

So I sold a MiniMag body recently. Customer came back and said he couldn't get it to work with his L10 bolt. I asked him to send it back and sure enough, when I try to put an X into it, the bolt jams into the body and sticks. Push it out and an L7 slides right in. Anyone else ever run into this?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    So I sold a MiniMag body recently. Customer came back and said he couldn't get it to work with his L10 bolt. I asked him to send it back and sure enough, when I try to put an X into it, the bolt jams into the body and sticks. Push it out and an L7 slides right in. Anyone else ever run into this?
    keep in mind that the lvl 7 bolt is about .681" all the way down, while the nose of the lvl x bolt is about .687". the lvl x bolt should fit though; my guess is the steel spacer inside the body has been mushroomed out over time, or there's some burr preventing the lvl x bolt from moving freely. i'd think some time with a fine round file would take care of the problem. or you could grind / sand the nose of the lvl x bolt down, but that doesn't fix the body you know?

I realize that just never had an issue with a SS body mushrooming and I've sold dozens of them.

It has happened to a few bodies. It was never noticed using the level 7 bolts. The larger bolt tip of the level 10 bolt exposed the issue. It isn't a big problem once it is discovered. As Cyco-dude mentioned, you just have to file out the hole in the body washer.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.