Thread: micromag neck adaprter

micromag neck adaprter

Trying to drum up interest in a vertical feedneck adapter. Luke would love to make a run for us, we just need at least 25 ppl to make it, we have 5-7 so far. so if you have a micromag that you would love to have a clamping feedneck on it, or maybe empire spring feed or just be able to have the options to switch between all 3.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...nterested.html

Depending on price I would go for 2 or 3.

I'd be in for one.

I'm in on one too

I would take one if the price is fair.

Interesting. I kind of thought this idea was dead but there might be some life in it.

Hmmm. I might have to start campaigning for it again.

I know it's a disappointing alternative, but you could easily 3d print the piece and then you don't have to worry about hitting volume. Even just to prototype and test it. I did a very similar thing for a z body a while back, and it was plenty strong enough.

Yeah I had a friend print a prototype up for me but the issue I came across is that you can't thread a feedneck into it nor can you put a big full hopper on it without feeling like its going to snap. Mainly because its off set from the body the weight gets shifted and no style of 3d printed material will last in a normal season of play.

Personally I will pay the extra to be able to anodize the feedneck and feel like it will hold up to me playing with a large hopper.

Thanks for the input though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    Yeah I had a friend print a prototype up for me but the issue I came across is that you can't thread a feedneck into it nor can you put a big full hopper on it without feeling like its going to snap. Mainly because its off set from the body the weight gets shifted and no style of 3d printed material will last in a normal season of play.

Personally I will pay the extra to be able to anodize the feedneck and feel like it will hold up to me playing with a large hopper.

Thanks for the input though.

that is what I have been told about 3d print, some threads are to shallow/thin to hold up on use, stress or weight.

and yes I agree being able to ano this piece would be best. It seems we are gaining some interest, from MCB and AO we might have 6-11 or so interested. Of course all that depends on price.

any more word on this ? very interested

also interested.

Still in talks. If you know anyone that has a micromag then point them to this or the MCB thread. If you post then I will pm you when we have some solid info.

2nd, couple more interested on mcb.

Looks like we are up to 10-15 pending price.

3d Printed Version available here!! ... takes PE Ego Feednecks! http://www.shapeways.com/product/768...ionId=57717471

Yes I'll take two

Sorry for being a necromancer, but...
    should we put [ http://www.shapeways.com/shops/micromods ] in the dealer forum?
    I just ordered a vert feed adapter, so will so how it is, but I'd imagine a lot of what they have available would be quite useful for many people.
    There are a few options for feeds, as well as a foregrip and shroud for Micromags.

Might even considering contacting the designer to see if he'd want to design more things that can be done out of the plastic nylon they use. (I spoke to him on facebook asking about the vert feed, nice guy, just don't know if he'd be too busy to design other stuff)

He's not the one who makes the items on shapeways though, he gave them the design, and they make the orders, using higher quality plastics.

He's currently busy working on a special project for me But yeah he designed and made some cool parts for Micromags. He gets a kickback from sales on shapeways so I plan to order more of his parts.

I have one of the Shapeways ones. Very nice, looks good and seems to be pretty tough.

Here is my single piece feed neck from shapeways .it has took detect shots to the feed neck and didn't phase it at all.Name:  IMG_20160301_162139868.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  81.2 KB