• Make the Spyder mag

19 73.08%
  • Leave it be and hold onto for the kids

5 19.23%
  • Sell it

2 7.69%

Thread: Moral dilemma

Moral dilemma

While going through my paintball gear looking to sell stuff my wife said I could sell hers while I'm at or do whatever I want with it (she hasn't played since before we met). So I look at it and it's a mint condition Spyder pilot. I immediately think of doing a sydermag. But it's in too good of a condition, I doubt she ever played a real game with it ever because it is flawless. Anyone else put off a project just because they don't want to wreck a mint marker?

P.s. Vote please, can't decide what to do.

SpyderMag. Having mint condition Spyder is like having a mint condition 1992 Ford Tempo.

I agree Spyders are tough to sell might as well convert it into a better marker

Personally, I'd keep it. There's something cool about mint old school guns.
    No need to screw up two classic guns (mag and spyder)

I'd Spydermag it. Its a 2008, so it falls outside the category of old school guns. Old school mech guns are typically up to 1995 vintage or possibly even stretching it to 2000. Old school electro guns are late 90s and early 2000's.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I'm puzzled by the ''moral'' part ......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I'm puzzled by the ''moral'' part ......
    Just word play I suppose, feel kinda guilty just taking apart her marker and making one of mine better(hopefully)....but then again she did say I could do what I want with it...

You will pay for that transgression grasshopper.

They never mean what they say.....

Half of everything you own is hers... So half your mag is already hers. If you swap about 30% of the mag with HER frame (because half of the girl's stuff never belongs to the guy) then she now owns 65% of your automag. Your automag is now her automag.

it's a ruse.

Lmao. Build your spyder mag. Buy her a classic used at a discount. You get a better gun. And in turn have spair that doubles as her gun. Win win.

You could always *build her* a spydermag.. That way you don't have to feel guilty tearing down her gun.. You're just upgrading it

I've read that Spyder Mags eat batteries unless the gun has a ULT due to the increased force needed to engage the sear. Is this true? I'm only asking because I'm building another Mag right now and I hadn't considered a Spyder Mag until I read this. I have a frame from an E99 Avant in my kit just collecting dust.

Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    I've read that Spyder Mags eat batteries unless the gun has a ULT due to the increased force needed to engage the sear. Is this true?
    A solenoid will draw the same current whether it is pushing a ULT or a regular on-off. You can use a less powerful solenoid on a ULT and it will drawn less battery power, but just changing the on-off won't affect the battery life of any given solenoid.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    A solenoid will draw the same current whether it is pushing a ULT or a regular on-off. You can use a less powerful solenoid on a ULT and it will drawn less battery power, but just changing the on-off won't affect the battery life of any given solenoid.
    That's good to know. Thanks. Now I need to decide if my 2nd Mag will be a pistol or a Spydermag now. Decisions, decisions...

I have the exact same story with my wife, except she had 3 Spyders. I tried to sell them on e-bay for $10 each, not one bite.

Spydermag. You can describe it as a tribute to her paintball career, and if she decides to play again, it'll retain the feel of the trigger.