ghost flanker:

TheJackal28:

1985phenom:

Cyco-Dude:

zondo:

keiko_819:

Cyco-Dude Guest
    very nice markers here!

Scotty Beans and Cyco... Those are some nice 45 grips!
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

WWA Barrels are best barrels

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Scotty Beans and Cyco... Those are some nice 45 grips!
    Thanks! Yeah they really fit in well with the look of the gun

Ugh so many good choices! And guns I wished I owned ha! Congrats to you guys on some excellent builds. Basically the top 3 of the list are a toss up for me.
    I made the mistake of trading for a mag...now I'm trapped
    Cocker, Automag, and Misc Parts FS

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    Thanks! Yeah they really fit in well with the look of the gun
    if you had a dremel tool and a drill, you could turn down some 8-32 buttonhead screws to fit inside the grips. that's what i did for mine (otherwise the head is too large to fit). you put the screw in the drill and turn it, while grinding the outside of the head down with the dremel tool and sanding drum. poor-man's lathe!

I would just open up (deepen) the countersinks and keep the standard screws since the grips are clear/raw.
    That way, any future standard #8 FHSC screws fit.
    Countersink Bit: http://amzn.com/B00004T7OR

Cyco-Dude Guest
    altering screws is fast, free (if you have the tools) and leaves the grips un-altered for use on different frames in the future. also, there would be no chance in screwing the grips up by trying to countersink them. much cleaner to just grind the screw heads down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    altering screws is fast, free (if you have the tools) and leaves the grips un-altered for use on different frames in the future. also, there would be no chance in screwing the grips up by trying to countersink them. much cleaner to just grind the screw heads down.
    Not sure I would recommend that on the flat head screws, by the looks of the grips there wouldn't be much left for the allen wrench to grab. Just have a machinist fix the counter sink.

Or you can specifically buy smaller headed screws

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Or you can specifically buy smaller headed screws
    I know they make "low head" cap screws but never heard of a "low flat head" screws. Can you provide any links? These could come in handy...

Keiko's is easily the best looking for me. Though, I'd really like a picture with a better angle. Personally, I've always loved the simplicity of sk8ermog's pics.
    Feedback
    God is good

Hate to see guns with no votes.

Wish I could split my vote between the two with no votes.

Someone vote for one of them and make my choice easier plz....

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Not sure I would recommend that on the flat head screws, by the looks of the grips there wouldn't be much left for the allen wrench to grab. Just have a machinist fix the counter sink.
    you don't do it on flat head screws, you'ld do it on panheads, just like i did on the blue 'mag posted here. standard 1911 grips usually can't fit the 8-32 sized heads, thus you turn them down so they do fit. make sense?

I would just counter sink the holes to proper depth, with the proper machining equipment it's the easiest route. All solutions are a matter of perspective.
    Last edited by luke; 07-02-2015 at 01:14 AM.

I like to use flathead screws because the machining can be done with one operation instead of three. For example on a pan head screw you would have to spot, drill, counter sink. On a flat head I use this for one operation >>>

Quote Originally Posted by G Squat View Post
    Keiko's is easily the best looking for me. Though, I'd really like a picture with a better angle. Personally, I've always loved the simplicity of sk8ermog's pics.
    Thanks. I always like simple photos too. I just need to find a way to take "simple" photo of my mag rifle. I think I should have put a classic body on my rifle to put it in the "classic" category. Lots of great competition this month.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I would just counter sink the holes to proper depth, with the proper machining equipment it's the easiest route. All solutions are a matter of perspective.
    come on luke, not everybody has fancy machines to work on! lol!

Someone vote for 1985phenom .

Cyco-Dude Guest
    close race, and still a couple days to go!

Haha, I know that mag of the month has a lot to do with being a popularity contest and whatnot and I have no issue with that. I also normally don't vote on my mag on motm but it's pretty funny when you see a few new profiles pop up on the last day of the poll, maybe just the stars aligning...my builds take time and I usually don't post pictures of them until I am happy with the finished product...maybe I'm just ranting, maybe I will win next time, but thanks to everyone that voted on my mag

5 voters registered on AO 7/10/2015 is what he's referring to.

I probably would have voted for the red one except I dont like to see a contestant with zero votes, there were two like that, so I voted for one of them....

Exactly... being here on AO you kind of remember screen names but when there are new memeber created around the same time and happen to all vote for a certain mag....

Ah well. Had a good run in the lead for a bit there, which was a first for me I think. Gotta build some prettier mags! Good month everyone

Sorry keiko. Your mag was money and got my vote. I smell fish sticks up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    5 voters registered on AO 7/10/2015 is what he's referring to.

I probably would have voted for the red one except I dont like to see a contestant with zero votes, there were two like that, so I voted for one of them....
    3 of the 5 new registered voters are deleted now and the other two have no posts....

Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply. I have talked to the Mod team about this and apparently they identified the issue and took the necessary steps to correct it. With that, Zondo, sorry man but we will have to review the poll results accordingly. I will nominate keiko as this month's winner as he had more valid votes after all. I hope you understand it and don't take it personally. I honestly love that Mag of yours and I do believe it's MOTM worth so I hope you can re-enter it for July's poll, ok? If you have any questions, concerns or just want to vent, please reach me out through a PM.

Thanks,

Mendel.

EDIT: by the way, this is the main reason why I made the votes public when I took over the MOTM poll. I remember competing on it and seeing that some Mags received a lot of votes on a single day and it felt weird at the time so I always strived for transparency. Thanks to everyone who pointed that out.
    Last edited by mpsd; 07-14-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Man, I go on vacation for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose.

I'm good with whatever decision you guys come up with. I throw in when it looks like there isn't a whole lot of entries in a month anyway