Thread: x valve issues

x valve issues

So I just got my first x valve. Bought it used, and installed it in my gun. And for a few shots it was working fine, but now it will fire a couple and then it wont shoot again until I adjust the velocity screw. Is this an issue with the pressure in the tank, or the valve?

what pressure is your tank putting out? which way are you adjusting the velocity in or out? did you go thru the valve? what color spring is on the bolt? if the level 10 was tuned to a different marker you will have to re tune it to yours. if you do not have the gold bolt spring start there.

I don't have a guage on the marker so input pressure is tricky to find out. It is a brand new tank though, so prolly set lower I am guessing

I tried adjusting both ways and it made no difference.

Did not go through the valve yet

And I didn't know that I would have to retune the valve so I will also try that .

Thanks for the advice, like I said, I am brand new to xvalves.

x valve, rt pro, retro all work the same. the x is just lighter.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador Koth View Post
    So I just got my first x valve. Bought it used, and installed it in my gun. And for a few shots it was working fine, but now it will fire a couple and then it wont shoot again until I adjust the velocity screw. Is this an issue with the pressure in the tank, or the valve?
    does it leak at all? what happens when it stops firing? the bolt doesn't reset? if you push the bolt back, will it reset and be able to fire again? i would re-tune the level 10 again, making sure you're using the largest carrier possible for your o-ring that doesn't leak. also, the alignment may be off...when the bolt doesn't reset, try getting a 1/8 allen wrench and slowly tighten the field strip screw and see if the bolt will reset. if nothing happens in a quarter turn, it's not that lol.

Found out that the tank is set at 800psi, and it looks like the general consensus is to tune the lvl10. I guess that means I have to go buy the parts to tune it, I have the bolt, and gold spring, is there a kit I can buy everything else? Or do I have to just pick out the parts list and buy those?

there is not a kit just for the level 10 without buying another bolt. check with AGD or Tuna and see if they have the individual carriers you may need. the x valve kit comes with a couple of them but it may not be what you need. if you have an rt parts kit the o ring for the carrier will be in there.

Tuna should have all carriers that you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Tuna should have all carriers that you need.
    Tried to place an order on tunamart last night and for some reason, the website wouldn't let me. I got all the way to the checkout and then it said the webpage was invalid.

Ah, you should try to email him.

tunaman5@verizon.net

what he said ^