Thread: Attn Owners of Doc's Automag-to-Autococker adapters: New detents!

Attn Owners of Doc's Automag-to-Autococker adapters: New detents!

Due to issues with suppliers, I've started molding my own urethane rubber Spyder-style 'nubbin' detents to fit my Automag to Autococker barrel adapters!

These detents should also fit a wide range of Kingman Spyder markers, the McDev Clone, older Intimidators, early CCM T2 pumps, Piranhas and I think most Azodin markers.

I figure $1 each, and I can stuff quite a few in a $2 First Class mailer. If you just need enough for one marker, how about a 3-pack, shipped, for $5 even?

I have a couple dozen on hand, and more on the way. If that 3-pack works for you, just PayPal that $5 to ordering@docsmachine.com (please include your mailing address and what the payment is for) or hit me at doc@docsmachine.com for larger quantities or Canadian or overseas shipping.

Thanks!
    Doc.

Good job addressing supply issues! Sometimes you just have to do a job yourself to get it done properly.

I sent a payment for 4, $6. If you need more for shipping let me know.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

Be on their way first thing in the morning. Shipping's fine, these things don't weigh that much.

Thank you!
    Doc.

How much are those coffee cups you mentioned in the other thread ?

I couldnt find them on your site, what do they look like ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    How much are those coffee cups you mentioned in the other thread ?
    I couldnt find them on your site, what do they look like ?
    -As I said in that thread, I don't have 'em listed, due to lack of interest. Here's a pic:

I honestly can't recall what they cost me, but to ship one right now would need a medium Flat Rate box, which is something like $11.50 or so. I'd have to check about First Class or Parcel Post, but I suspect it'd still be $6 to $8 plus packaging.

So if sent by Flat Rate, call it $16 even?

Doc.

Doc, is there any possibility of getting one of your adapters with milled o-ring channels on the outside to take that little bit of wobble out? I got one recently and I love it, but I've gone to extremes (wrapped it in teflon tape) to get the wobble out.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Doc, is there any possibility of getting one of your adapters with milled o-ring channels on the outside to take that little bit of wobble out?
    -I'd wanted to do something like that way back at the beginning, but there's just no room to fit O-rings. There's not enough space at the back and the 'Cocker threads up front make the wall too thin. Because of that, I've always tried to make the OD as close a fit as possible, but there's still a few thousandths' variation in bodies.

Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Doc, is there any possibility of getting one of your adapters with milled o-ring channels on the outside to take that little bit of wobble out? I got one recently and I love it, but I've gone to extremes (wrapped it in teflon tape) to get the wobble out.
    I had the same issue with mine and found that placing a thin o-ring (of a similar diameter to the adapter) into the body first, then butting the adapter up against it, allowed me to take all the wobble out and didn't mis-align the breech. Has worked flawlessly for months. Doc's adapter is the best money you can spend on a classic mag, fantastic bit of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    I had the same issue with mine and found that placing a thin o-ring (of a similar diameter to the adapter) into the body first, then butting the adapter up against it, allowed me to take all the wobble out and didn't mis-align the breech. Has worked flawlessly for months. Doc's adapter is the best money you can spend on a classic mag, fantastic bit of kit.
    I ended up with a combination of this suggestion and a few wraps of Teflon tape around the adapter. It now has zero perceptible wobble.

moistpiehole Guest
    Something Doc made that doesn't work right? Say it ain't so?

It works perfectly, but as mentioned above, he can't compensate for the tiny variation in body dimensions. Some people get a snug fit right off the bat, others need to tweak slightly if they want to avoid a minor bit of wiggle, no biggie.