Thread: Automag newbie help forum

Automag newbie help forum

Hey guys, Ive just recently started looking into automags and autocockers, and I was wondering a few things.

Are the Automags RT ULE fully semi-auto? I play rec ball and I play pump so I've grown pretty close to the semi auto community at my field, I was wondering if I got this could I still play fairly with them?

How customizable are the Automags from AGD?

How easy are they to maintain and clean and troubleshoot?

I know these may seem like dumb questions, but if I'm gunna drop $500 on a gun I wanna be sure of what I'm getting into!

Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Weas View Post
    Hey guys, Ive just recently started looking into automags and autocockers, and I was wondering a few things.

Are the Automags RT ULE fully semi-auto? I play rec ball and I play pump so I've grown pretty close to the semi auto community at my field, I was wondering if I got this could I still play fairly with them?
    Mags are mechanical guns and are semi. You can make small adjustments to the on/off assembly and or the input pressures to get higher RT effects, but an off the shelf Xvalve will shoot as fast as you pull the trigger. As for fair play, in a pump game, is it fair to play with an autotrigger? In a semi game, is it fair to use an electro with a walkable trigger? Fair play is up to you.

Mags are a modular gun system. You can swap in and out bodies, rails, frames, valves, basically every part that makes up a mag. Now the question of getting parts & their costs are a bigger question.

90% of all leaks can be fixed with oiling the valve. After that, its 2 orings that generally fail. But oring failure is sometimes few and fair between.

I know these may seem like dumb questions, but if I'm gunna drop $500 on a gun I wanna be sure of what I'm getting into!

Thanks for all the help!
    AO is one of the best forums out there to ask questions. So ask away.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    yes, they are semi-auto. some you can "bounce" the trigger easier than others, though, but that is tunable with with the tank's input pressure or a different size on/off pin ($8 part).

the automag (and autococker) are two of the most customizable paintball guns ever made. the only automag the is unique is the rt classic. those had a different rail, body and valve that only work with eachother.

very easy! the automag is a genius design; they don't get easier to work on as far as i'm concerned.

Look in the meet and greet area here and then meet up with some of the mag enthusiasts in your area and shoot one.

Then you will go buy one.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Look in the meet and greet area here and then meet up with some of the mag enthusiasts in your area and shoot one.

...and then another....and then another...LOL!!!

lol, that question always makes me laugh. Sure, the idea is that they are modular. What people do with that is very often amazing.

Check out where we keep our pics, https://www.automags.org/forums/forum...?51-The-Armory

He means the automag, not the enthusiast, just to be clear.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    ...and then another....and then another...LOL!!!
    aint that the truth! i'm up to 18 now, i think?

Thanks for all the replies and help guys! This was super informative and I think it might be enough to push me to spend the money and grab one!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Thanks for all the replies and help guys! This was super informative and I think it might be enough to push me to spend the money and grab one!
    you can always start with a classic automag to see if it's for you before jumping into the $400 ule x-valved 'mags. you just have to sell it before you decide to "upgrade" it, and it turns into five separate automags. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    you can always start with a classic automag to see if it's for you before jumping into the $400 ule x-valved 'mags. you just have to sell it before you decide to "upgrade" it, and it turns into five separate automags. LOL!
    I found its cheaper to buy a nice ULE than to buy parts and upgrade.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I found its cheaper to buy a nice ULE than to buy parts and upgrade.
    agreed. it's just cheaper to test the waters that way to see if you like them. then, you could always sell it to recoup the money (or just keep it as a loaner) and get something nice if you want that.