Thread: reactive valve leak?

Cyco-Dude Guest

reactive valve leak?

i've got a retro valve with lvl 10 bolt that i just rebuilt. everything is clean, o-rings seem good, lvl 10 adjusted fine, no leaks when i don't pull the trigger. shoots fine.

however, i'm getting the "lawn sprinkler" leak when pulling and holding the trigger. i've tried four different on/off pins, two on/off tops and piles of on/off top o-rings, and none of that seemed to do anything. the valve exhibits this problem on both a micromag 2000 as well as an rt pro. any ideas?

what about the one inside the on/off?

Powertube oring...

You didn't say if it had a L10 or not, but you mentioned everything but that. So look ahead of the on/off.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    what about the one inside the on/off?
    i think i tried a couple of those as well (certainly tried one when i put in a different on/off). if that was bad wouldn't it leak out of the bottom of the on/off? in that general area, non-stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Powertube oring...

You didn't say if it had a L10 or not, but you mentioned everything but that. So look ahead of the on/off.
    lol, it was the first thing i said. it's not that, as it doesn't leak when the trigger isn't pulled. if that o-ring was bad, there would be a leak down the barrel.

the issue has been resolved...let's see if anyone can figure it out? it was a bad o-ring somewhere...

I suspect it was the regulator valve pin oring at the back of the regulator pin assembly.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    I suspect it was the regulator valve pin oring at the back of the regulator pin assembly.
    yes, the one in the regulator body. i wonder why a bad o-ring there does that? it's good to know though for future reference!

If that back oring leaks, air gets into the area in front of the regulator piston assembly. That area is connected to the front chamber through the hollow regulator valve pin assembly. It is essentially the same as a leaking on-off oring because it allows air into the front chamber even when the trigger is held.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    learn something every day!